GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
It's not the same. I've been told by a reliable source that the Luk Flywheel is more money for less quality than the Sachs Flywheel. I went with the Sachs Flywheel, but suit yourself.

The audi TTRS uses the luk flywheel as stock in Europe. Also, the LUK flywheel doesn't need the holes drilled on the pressure plate. The one I got was a Sachs flywheel in a luk box, which was strange and the luke was 300 bucks and the sachs unit was 600 on parts geek. I think they had a stock issue as it said on one screen it was in stock, but the next screen said out of stock. It still let me buy it, but I am thinking they put the sachs part in the box as even the part number on it was the sachs part number and it says on the flywheel itself it is made by SACHS Germany.

italiansanto

Passed Driver's Ed
The audi TTRS uses the luk flywheel as stock in Europe. Also, the LUK flywheel doesn't need the holes drilled on the pressure plate. The one I got was a Sachs flywheel in a luk box, which was strange and the luke was 300 bucks and the sachs unit was 600 on parts geek. I think they had a stock issue as it said on one screen it was in stock, but the next screen said out of stock. It still let me buy it, but I am thinking they put the sachs part in the box as even the part number on it was the sachs part number and it says on the flywheel itself it is made by SACHS Germany.

Okay, so you got a Sachs Flywheel and not a Luk Flywheel. When I got the RSR Clutch Kit installed on my car, my stock Flywheel that came with the car said Sachs right on it. From my understanding, they are not the same and the Sachs Flywheel is the better quality piece.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Okay, so you got a Sachs Flywheel and not a Luk Flywheel. When I got the RSR Clutch Kit installed on my car, my stock Flywheel that came with the car said Sachs right on it. From my understanding, they are not the same and the Sachs Flywheel is the better quality piece.

I have seen both and the only difference I could see pphysically was the guide pin thickness is smaller so the tt-rs PP sildes right on without drilling the holes larger. I am not doubting the sachs quality as that is what my car came with as well. Still crazy I got a sachs part in a LUK box.LOL

italiansanto

Passed Driver's Ed
did it all for just under $700 with everything shipped to my front door about 15 months ago. Clutch has been holding up great, about to throw more power at it

Really? I am curious as to where you got your parts for that little amount of money...My DYI Kit was about $938 and that was WITHOUT a new flywheel.

Moretti

Ready to race!
Hello,

Sooo... Car is mk6 gti (ko4 with full bolt ons), made 350 hp and 500NM (~365lbs) and after 30 000 km. (~18000miles) the clutch started to slip.
I'm using this car as a daily, no granny driving style :D (few track days), how much miles is normal to burn this clutch down ? Any experience ?

Gino

Ready to race!
Hello,

Sooo... Car is mk6 gti (ko4 with full bolt ons), made 350 hp and 500NM (~365lbs) and after 30 000 km. (~18000miles) the clutch started to slip.
I'm using this car as a daily, no granny driving style :D (few track days), how much miles is normal to burn this clutch down ? Any experience ?

You're slipping on your built RSR clutch? Did you replace the DMFW when installing new clutch components? I think I am slipping in the higher RPMS, also K04 full bolt ons. Its been about 30K miles since clutch install.

Moretti

Ready to race!
No, but it was in very good condition :)
Looks like I need new DMFW and new clutch disk...