GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blacked Out Headlights - -Anyone?

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
I saw Ed's posting on some new headlight options. Although I've seen some of the Mk6 GTI guys installing these, the coding and stuff is going to be different for R owners. I wanted to see if anyone has purchased and installed these things yet. They are HID friendly & a good DIY for these would be great.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38153

I was interested in the Option 2 or Option 3

EvoKnvl

Ready to race!
US spec R's come with the standard housings. The blacked out ones are a Euro spec upgrade. You pay additional for them.

OP, I don't thing these will work with the R since its missing the leveling system...

ali1

Ready to race!
looks great only thing i dont like are the leds in it!! the originals dont have leds

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
looks great only thing i dont like are the leds in it!! the originals dont have leds

Right neither do I, but they have options. $500 for these... trying to figure out though if the leveler motors are there or not. They also may not work with the OEM xenon's which is pretty wack in itself. So you're pretty much sacraficing 2 great features for black paint. Might have to pass.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Right neither do I, but they have options. $500 for these... trying to figure out though if the leveler motors are there or not. They also may not work with the OEM xenon's which is pretty wack in itself. So you're pretty much sacraficing 2 great features for black paint. Might have to pass.

Are the US spec Xenons directional as well?

If so there's a lot of coding to do.