GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broken Window Switch

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Well this is slightly ridiculous, my window switch wasn't working right, it was cutting in and out and the auto up/down wasn't working. I proceeded to take my car apart and, after a bit of frustration removing the door panel and discovered this:

Has anyone experienced this before? I proceeded to attempt to fix it and in the process I dropped it and knocked off the actual switch from the mount. Now it doesn't work at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Well the OEM replacement part is $75-100, I've heard the aftermarket ones won't work and I'd have to order the driver side 4 door switch cause it's all one piece. But thanks..

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure ordering a replacement unit is your best bet. Checkout 1stvwparts.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
You know I think I may have the same problem. My driver side window switch for the passenger side window doesn't work. I have to reach over to the passenger side switch to put it down. Only pulling up the window works from my side but it is not automatic like it should be. I may have to replace mine too don't know what caused it to go bad :/.

XZT123

Ready to race!
My wife's old corolla had this problem.. I glued it back together with a bit of extra scrap plastic to reinforce. Worked and you couldn't see it.

jni3

Ready to race!
maybe you can get the dealer to replace it under warranty

phuccer1

Ready to race!
I know this is an old thread, but this just happened to me. $75 to $100 for a damn plastic window switch?!?!

I have a 100K mile extended warranty, you guys think this is covered?

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Call the dealer and find out.