GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

42 DD intake BF Sale

Velociraptor Thrust

Go Kart Champion
So who all bought the 42 Draft Design intake on their black friday sale? I still have not received any shipping info from them. I had to email them to even know what was happening. "We are just waiting on more filters to come in from K&N as this sale absolutely wiped out everything we had in-stock. We should be getting them early next week. As soon as they come in we will get your order sent out!"

The purpose of this thread is to find out if someone knows something I don't about shipping info, and to see if anyone has actually gotten their intake yet.

thanks guys!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
CHILL OUT. You placed the order on friday...order probably didnt come in till late that night..making unshippable that day. Also since black friday deals they are busier than usual, which will push back normal shipping times. Also saturday and sunday do not count as processing times. So lets say at the very very earliest, your order went out monday, you might have received shipping yesterday. However, working for an internet company..most carriers suspended ground delivery pickups on black friday (the day after thanksgiving), your order was most likely not even printed/processed till monday/tuesday. At which point most companies strive to push for a 48-72 hour processing time. Hence your orders should be shipped soon and learn some patience. This isnt redbox or text messaging. You cant get everything right away. chillax. You'll get your stuff and when you do enjoy it. This "OMG EVERYTHING MUST BE INSTANT" age is really getting annoying. Most people will never really understand until they see how idiotic online customers can be. Not that my fellow golf mk6 members are dumb, but relax people. :thumbsup: ...also "go out of your way" to leave POSITIVE feedback when possible.

MKVI66

Passed Driver's Ed
BoostedVW11 has it right. Chill out. Did you read the information provided about the promo? All orders will be shipped by 12/16. Until you have been on the sales side you really don't have the perspective to understand the demand increase of a 35% off sale on a smaller company. 42dd will take care of you and the quality will be there!

nuisancecc

Ready to race!
Agreed, if this was something I needed right now to get the car running or something like that I might start tripping but I don't really need the Africa plate the current set up is working just fine.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
42DD makes all of their stuff in house sometimes to order. I have been a long time customer of theirs and never had any problems just might take a few extra days

Velociraptor Thrust

Go Kart Champion
Not once did I say I expect the intake to arrive now. I believe the purpose of the thread was to find out of anyone got theirs considering when purchased THEY WERE IN STOCK. Again I'm not expecting them to over night the product but it's a tad annoying when I have to contact them to get any info on the product. Im not frustrated enough to write anything bad about them. I was trying to see if anyone else knew something I did not, and to possibly enlighten other 42DD Black Friday purchasers. I have already been messaging another member about this. He has shed some light as well. It's communication people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davela72

I ordered the intake a day after I ordered the cat back. I received shipping info on Tues for the exhaust and called yesterday to inquire about the intake. I was told they were waiting on filters as well.

Cbax38

Ready to race!
I ordered the intake a day after I ordered the cat back. I received shipping info on Tues for the exhaust and called yesterday to inquire about the intake. I was told they were waiting on filters as well.

Reason I didnt order, truthfully, the intake looked kind of "home made" like they did not have production ironed out. Although not that difficult to install, the fact it doesnt even come with instructions was further proof the product was not ready for my business.

adamnapes

Passed Driver's Ed
CHILL OUT. You placed the order on friday...order probably didnt come in till late that night..making unshippable that day. Also since black friday deals they are busier than usual, which will push back normal shipping times. Also saturday and sunday do not count as processing times. So lets say at the very very earliest, your order went out monday, you might have received shipping yesterday. However, working for an internet company..most carriers suspended ground delivery pickups on black friday (the day after thanksgiving), your order was most likely not even printed/processed till monday/tuesday. At which point most companies strive to push for a 48-72 hour processing time. Hence your orders should be shipped soon and learn some patience. This isnt redbox or text messaging. You cant get everything right away. chillax. You'll get your stuff and when you do enjoy it. This "OMG EVERYTHING MUST BE INSTANT" age is really getting annoying. Most people will never really understand until they see how idiotic online customers can be. Not that my fellow golf mk6 members are dumb, but relax people. :thumbsup: ...also "go out of your way" to leave POSITIVE feedback when possible.

Sorry man, I respectfully have to disagree with this post. Fact of the matter is we are in this age of instant and when a company says something is in stock and ready to ship, as well as having the mantra of small company, customer first satisfaction and service, updates or delays in shipping, whatever the cause need to be communicated. Not to mention the whole Internet age deal makes companies ultra competitive and having or not having the ability to produce when promised could be the difference when establishing a new client or even retaining current clientele.

I am going to have to side with the OP here. I ordered my intake the first day of the "pre" Black Friday sale, which I believe started the week BEFORE Black Friday. I was honestly expecting something "in stock", "ready to ship" and located less then a state away to have arrived well before the thanksgiving holiday/black Friday shutdown... It didn't, and when I called to inquire I will say they very courteous and first rate, but offered nothing else in wake of service.

Opposite end of the spectrum, I placed a $30 with one tuning co. for my badges after getting tuned and there was a mixup at their distribution. I was promptly shipped these items overnight and sent another "goodies" bag, that was in no way expected, but very much appreciated, along with a very nice PM explaining the mix up from said co. representative. That's service and something that will resonate with consumers for a long time.

To put this all into perspective, during this so called "crazy holiday vice hold" on shipping and communications, I've decided on, paid for and received a $6.5k engagement ring and have been pre-approved for a mortgage. Makes a simple, "hey we're back ordered on filters" it will be a few days email look like small potatoes.. No?

Anyway back to "this day and age." I really have no room for incompetence and I may think twice about ordering from particular companies and have no probem swiping away for others... Just my two pennies and a slight vent from a supply chain management guy.