Votes: 35 20.0%
  • Yes, Tuned/benchflashed

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • No, Tuned/benchflashed

Votes: 118 67.4%

• Total voters

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
no tune, no ECU failure yet; but I'm not looking to keep the car longer than another year at most.

dubbed24

Ready to race!
Tuned and yes! It's on it's second f$@$ up. I was about 20k and had the tune less than a year and my CEL Light came on and was reading a constant evap code. Took it to the dealer and they replaced full evap system. No luck, so then VWoA told them to replace ecu and problem solved. Then got it retuned at the next APR BBQ and now just over a year later it is back with same issue. I have been waiting to get it in apr for two months and they have not got me in to get it fixed yet. So I'm still waiting. (And not too happy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33b5e5

Passed Driver's Ed
8.24% failures for tuned ECUs seems crazy high. You think people who have had ECU issues are more likely to respond to these sort of polls than an accurately representative cross section of the GTI population?

clownish

just clowning around
8.24% failures for tuned ECUs seems crazy high. You think people who have had ECU issues are more likely to respond to these sort of polls than an accurately representative cross section of the GTI population?

Yes. People with problems are always more vocal.

dubbed24

Ready to race!
Well I'm not one to bitch but it's happened twice now and I'm not getting any response back from apr about bringing my car in to have it repaired or to fix whatever it is even if for some god forsaken reason it's not the ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shutaro

Ready to race!
24k miles with APR stage 1 and no issues. Installed at NGP Racing's Lorton, VA shop.

MKVI66

Passed Driver's Ed
My failed during bench flashing at less than 10k miles during my first year of ownership. The tuner and the shop 100% took care of me creating a customer for life. The car is up to 55k now, 25k K04. All good

WAP

Go Kart Champion
It would be interesting to see a similar poll for Mk5's/R's to see how much more reliable OBD flashing is. I imagine the failure rate would be almost nil, correct?

MKVI66

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to see immediate failures vs long term ECU failure...
Mine was immediate, never left the shop. Well, it left on a rollback. :)