GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will 3' x 8' panel fit?

Hyun

Passed Driver's Ed
I need to return some panels I bought from IKEA. There's 2 3'x8' panels that are pretty thin, probably 2-3" max. Think these would fit in a 4 door or should I get a truck?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
If I remember correctly, its about 9' from the back of the hatch to the center console. The 3' wide isn't a problem at all. If you're dsg and don't have to be reaching for the shifter you may be okay.

Edit: that 9' doesn't include the rake of the rear windshield. It'd be REALLY tight.

Hyun

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks... So basically with seats down, the 3' will fit upright and passing it through to the front would probably work... I do have DSG... I'll probably just go out there and measure

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Thanks... So basically with seats down, the 3' will fit upright and passing it through to the front would probably work... I do have DSG... I'll probably just go out there and measure

LMK what you measure. I'm curious if I remembered correctly.

butchered by autocorrecr

Duncan345

If I remember correctly, its about 9' from the back of the hatch to the center console. The 3' wide isn't a problem at all. If you're dsg and don't have to be reaching for the shifter you may be okay.

Edit: that 9' doesn't include the rake of the rear windshield. It'd be REALLY tight.

9' doesn't sound right at all. I couldn't get a standard size exterior door (32"x80") in the car. The door was almost up against the gear shift and the hatch would only go about halfway down before hitting the door. It worked fine on the roof rack though.