GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG OIL change? when and how- URGENT!!

D2JML

I have recently bought a golf gti 2009 DSG

I have recently done a full service on the car, oil change, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter, all coolants

I heard the DSG gear box its self needs to be serviced too

how is that done?

can someone please explain in basic terms what needs to be done

thank you

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
I have recently bought a golf gti 2009 DSG

I have recently done a full service on the car, oil change, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter, all coolants

I heard the DSG gear box its self needs to be serviced too

how is that done?

can someone please explain in basic terms what needs to be done

thank you
Congratulation! :w00t:

You bought ticking bomb...:lol:

Check timing tensioner, PCV valve, rear main seal, throttle body wire connector, etc......:23:

D2JML

Congratulation! :w00t:

You bought ticking bomb...:lol:

Check timing tensioner, PCV valve, rear main seal, throttle body wire connector, etc......:23:

that's all been checked- the previous owner did the dsg service at 38k miles but I thought I want to do it myself for good measure even though his given me the receipts etc
:iono:

Why is it a ticking bomb?

flakomk6

Ready to race!
that's all been checked- the previous owner did the dsg service at 38k miles but I thought I want to do it myself for good measure even though his given me the receipts etc

That year is known for having those issues , unless the previous fixed it i will still suggest to have those looked at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ik1015

beeee patient ^^

Because I am driving ticking bomb, too...:lol:
ABS module, intake manifold, timing tensioner, rear main seal replaced. Rewired throttle body connector and also replaced cam position sensor (oil leaking).
I am lazy to replace upper timing cover gasket due to leaking oil.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
ABS module, intake manifold, timing tensioner, rear main seal replaced. Rewired throttle body connector and also replaced cam position sensor (oil leaking).

09 TSI owner here too.

-Did a timing job myself due to stretched chain AFTER paying someone to do the tensioner. But I did everything myself the second time so learned a lot.

-Cam bridge screen was torn and sitting in oil passage in the head.

-ABS module failure which I DIY'd with a used MK6 module then the recall came out and I was SOL.

-Upper timing cover leaks

-2 PCV failures

-Steering rack throws random Torque sensor failing codes. Steering light occasionally comes on but has been driving fine for a few years.

Haven't had a intake mani failure since ive owned it yet. I'm sure it was replaced in the past. Done a few other things like MAP sensor replacement, carbon cleaning, DSG upkeep etc. DSG makes a clack on downshifts 3-2-1 sometimes but drives totally fine. This car has been a pain and costed a lot of $$$ but I enjoy it still. Thanfully I hadn't had RMS failure thankfully, and PCV has been replaced a few times at least.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Also TC look up the DSG top fill method and drain the overfill. Better than measure-fill because you don't know if it was underserviced before. Better to just put in the 5l and drain the excess. Usually comes out to about 4.6L needed for a service. You don't need the special under fill tool you can fill it from the top oil filter housing with a funnel and its not messy at all.

The TDI forums have a good write up IIRC. To do it properly you should use VCDS or something that can measure DSG oil temps because when you drain the excess overfill it should be at the correct temp. This is the same for even the factory filling method.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I did mine this way and will be doing it again in 10k. Its simply as easy as doing the engine oil with an extta step being removal of the intake and battery box. I did not overflow as I only put whats supposed to be in there. Put almost 40k on the job and have had zero issues. Got all parts including oil from VW.

D2JML

whats your milege?