GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions

Old 04-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
Rickybobbi
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 golf 2.5 MT / 2013 MB GLK-250
2018 VW ATLAS

The wife and I are looking to trade in the Mercedes for a bigger SUV. Was getting something from the VW dealership and the wife fell in love with the new ATLAS exec line with R package. Anyone own one or know someone that owns one. Just looking for some feedback\thoughts on this vehicle, as it being the first gen.
2011 GOLF 2.5// LED TAILS // 18" BLACK RIMS // 2 12" KICKER SUBS // REAR EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // FRONT EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // DE-BADGE REAR // LED INTERIOR // HID HEADLIGHTS // 8" ANDROID HEAD UNIT // 35% TINT ALL AROUND // FK STREETLINES // OEM GTI EXHAUST //
Rickybobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:33 AM   #2
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
I considered one & thought it'd be my go to vehicle (being a VW loyalist), as we needed something bigger, and it was very nice. The wife loved it as well. The R-line is super sharp looking too.
BUT, for me, the V6 was lethargic (IMO) in comparison to the competition while getting terrible gas mileage. If it's gonna get terrible mileage regardless, AT LEAST be somewhat quick (not slow).
I have the same V6 in my (2017) Passat and it moves nicely, but in the bigger/heavier Atlas....not so much.
And the leasing sucked in comparison to the competition as well
Old 08-17-2018, 08:18 AM   #3
ben_m
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Mkvi GTI / MDX
Are you looking to Buy or Lease? What about kids? I know the Atlas has a feature where the 2nd row seat tilts forward, even with a car seat for easy access to the 3rd row.

My issue was that for the money, I was able to lease a MDX for the same payment...
ben_m is offline   Reply With Quote