GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag issues

teidullie

Hey guys did a bit of searching for an airbag code my 2012 GTI threw. Me and the old lady were out and I had a few too many so she drove home. Her being very short she had to move the seat up all the way. As soon as she started it up airbag error in the MFI and the light on the right side of the dash lit up. I have an OBDeleven device and scanned it this is what I got

While searching I found out sometimes you can mess with the airbag wires under the seat when moving it and I wiggled them making sure they were snug but also while under there I found thus under the seat. Its gotta be the issue right.

obviously 2 ripped wires is no bueno but looking around under that flap of carpet I can clearly see the connectors and can clearly see all the wires going into the back of it and nothing is missing or appears to have been ripped out. Almost as if these wires have no where to go. Here is another photo from a different angle.

Any light that can be shed on the issue would be greatly appreciated

*****EDIT*****

Tried to insert images into post but not showing up so added as attachments sorry

Attachments

• OBD11.jpg
    OBD11.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 96
  • wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 102
  • wires 2.jpg
    wires 2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 91