GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GLI Bluetooth connecting but no audio come out.

Mariarmenta

I have 2012 VW GLI and latly I been having issue with my bluetooth. I currently have an Iphone 5 on IOS7 softwear. It was working perfect 3 days ago and all of a sudden no audio. What happens is, I get in the car and it automatically connects to my device. Then the first few seconds of a songs plays and then it gose out, like as if I muted the audio. My phone still shows the song playing but for as loud as I turn it up no sound comes out. How can I fix this? Seems like the system mutes its self and once its does theres no respond from the media system. PLEASE HELP!!! I NEED MY MUSIC! :mad0259:

Spyder368

Ready to race!
My Galaxy Nexus phone used to auto connect all the time and randomly stopped and also had a similar issue to yours. I now turn my Bluetooth off when i get out of the car and turn it on after the car is on and it connects every time. On occasion it wont connect so I turn the Bluetooth off on my phone and turn the phone off and back on, wait until it is fully up and turn Bluetooth back on and it connects right away. Hopefully this helps.

TLDR Turn your Bluetooth off and reboot your phone, wait until the phone is fully on and turn Bluetooth back on and see if it works.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Let's not forget- the minute you drive this thing off the lot, you're going to take a $27k bath. You'll actually lose more money than the total trade-in on a Golf R. You'd have to be clinically retarded to buy this car.

And for $1000 more, you could buy a new Corvette that's waaaaayyyy faster. And would depreciate less. And would have a warranty.

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Let's not forget- the minute you drive this thing off the lot, you're going to take a $27k bath. You'll actually lose more money than the total trade-in on a Golf R. You'd have to be clinically retarded to buy this car.

And for $1000 more, you could buy a new Corvette that's waaaaayyyy faster. And would depreciate less. And would have a warranty.

Wrong thread I am assuming.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
You need to go to the dealership and have them update your radio. Hold the setup button in for about 10 seconds and a screen will appear. Click on version info and see what the software version is.

Mariarmenta

Thanks

You need to go to the dealership and have them update your radio. Hold the setup button in for about 10 seconds and a screen will appear. Click on version info and see what the software version is.

Best advise so far. I will do that today for sure but sure think its the softwear due to the fact it worked and stoped working the same day. Also i got it to play a few seconds and then static comes out. I know the device is connected since audio plays for a sec but after that no rest or anything will make it work again.

Mariarmenta

My Galaxy Nexus phone used to auto connect all the time and randomly stopped and also had a similar issue to yours. I now turn my Bluetooth off when i get out of the car and turn it on after the car is on and it connects every time. On occasion it wont connect so I turn the Bluetooth off on my phone and turn the phone off and back on, wait until it is fully up and turn Bluetooth back on and it connects right away. Hopefully this helps.

TLDR Turn your Bluetooth off and reboot your phone, wait until the phone is fully on and turn Bluetooth back on and see if it works.

Ive tryed that a bunch of times in the last 2 days and its not affective at all. My main concer is that it connects and plays music for a split second and then it goes to static. I know its connecting but I have no clue why it plays static after a couple of seconds a song.

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
Sounds like a software issue, check with VW to see if there is an update for the stereo.