GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How fast is a stage 1 R?

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Please post the video...I want to see how close they are.

You wont see how close they are. It was a 1st gear roll on an slight incline with the R getting the jump on the gti. What you will see however is how the gti closes the gap meaning it is faster trapping higher than the R.Another run was done between these two cars and the gti would catch the R by 3rd and start pulling by 4th. I was in the R. I could not manage to get my phone out in time to record that race though.

Last edited:

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Unless us gtis are slower than euro gtis a stage 2 gti is faster than a stage 1 r. Me and my friends have done countless runs together and i managed to get one on vid. Ill post when i get home.

Well that's weird. First off gti would not stand a chance off the line due to awd. And there is quite a difference in power. Ko4 pulls so much harder and longer. Raced my buddy's stage 2 at roll several times is even for the first few second then ko4 jumps ahead. Only advantage a gti would have would be if you had dsg. Which wouldn't matter too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I hang with my friend's APR stg1 R + intake, both on 91oct tune....and my car is a lot older than his too...we race to about 180km/hr neck to neck..he's on the forum too.

stage2 gti makes a bit more torque and is quiet a lot lighter and has far less power loss..

Very logical..I am sad i didnt pull.

The R is still the better car, don't worry.

Sent from my iPhone with typos

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Well that's weird. First off gti would not stand a chance off the line due to awd. And there is quite a difference in power. Ko4 pulls so much harder and longer. Raced my buddy's stage 2 at roll several times is even for the first few second then ko4 jumps ahead. Only advantage a gti would have would be if you had dsg. Which wouldn't matter too much

it is obvious that it wouldn't stand a chance from a dig. but it's not true that the R at stage 1 levels would pull much harder and longer than a stage 2 gti.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion

What do you run in the 1/4?

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
What do you run in the 1/4?

Haven't got a chance to track mine yet? Mostly due to the fact that I have a slipping clutch and I want to take it easy till I get new one. But I am 2+ so when I finally do track it I would not be able to get you any stage 1 numbers. Was only stage 1 for a couple weeks.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Haven't got a chance to track mine yet? Mostly due to the fact that I have a slipping clutch and I want to take it easy till I get new one. But I am 2+ so when I finally do track it I would not be able to get you any stage 1 numbers. Was only stage 1 for a couple weeks.

No worries, just curious. Looks like most of the manual 2+ R's are averaging very low 13's (13.0-13.4) with a couple of mid to high 12's I found.

The DSG 2+ R's seem to have a hell of a lot of low 12 time slips... If only they sent the DSG here... they are getting some crazy 60ft times.

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
No worries, just curious. Looks like most of the manual 2+ R's are averaging very low 13's (13.0-13.4) with a couple of mid to high 12's I found.

The DSG 2+ R's seem to have a hell of a lot of low 12 time slips... If only they sent the DSG here... they are getting some crazy 60ft times.

Yea dsg big turbo r's have had some ridiculous times. Supercar status