GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tornado Red coming my way

jazz935

just wanted to let you guys know that after a long wait and a lot of negotiations my 4dr manual autobahn GTI is at the dealer and ready for pick up. im in detroit and they had to drive it up from ohio!!! it hurts that i'm not the first one to put the miles on it but its a vw should be all good. pics to come soon!

JohnQQQ

Ready to race!
they probably really pushed the car to the limits on those long, open Ohio roads! lol

I'm waiting for my Shadow Blue autobahn to be delivered soon so I'm envious of you. Are you planning any mods?

APdubbin

Ready to race!
I gto mine delivered on a truck, I dont see why they have to personally drive it to you?
But anyways congrats on the new TR

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
A friend got his two states away and the dealer sent a roll back to pick it up, probably 350 miles, he may have added something in to the price, i don't know.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
i picked red cuz it has a rich color to it. you'll have fun with your gti, just get ready to learn allot about it. there are so many little details in this car. welcome to the forum.

Spin Cykle

Passed Driver's Ed
congrats on the new ride. there are a few people from Detroit floating around on the boards. come summer we will have to organize a get together. nice color choice btw, one of my favorite gti's is in the TR thread on this forum.

He15man

Ready to race!
I currently have an Mk5 GTI that is tornado red and i like the color but i need to get rid of the cheap plastic.

Tornado red MK6's look great, i'll probably end up in a black one.

I haven't had a black car in a long time.

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
act before it is too late, they have to bring you 1st hand on a truck or pick up, when they drive it it will not 1st hand anymore! I received my GTI 40 km on the dash, came from germany on a truck.

dmichael

Ready to race!
I really don't understand why there are so few Tornado Red GTI's. To me, due to red accents, it should be one of the most popular. Based on cars.com searches its even more rare than Shadow Blue, which is a close 2nd. GTI brochures used to use red cars a lot in the past, but lately its all white, black or gray. Its seems like 80% of all the GTI's that come stateside are white black or gray. I had to place an order and wait for my Red one to arrive, couldn't find one on a lot.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
I see more black GTI's or Golfs than I do the red or the grey ones.

Last summer while at Stu Leonards,was going back to (what I thought was my) car and it was a 2010 Carbon Steel Gray GTI.Looked totally foolish wondering why my car won't open.This 2010 was parked on the opposite of mine.....................:p

jazz935

congrats on the new ride. there are a few people from Detroit floating around on the boards. come summer we will have to organize a get together. nice color choice btw, one of my favorite gti's is in the TR thread on this forum.

Definitely count me in for a get together! I've been a VW enthusiast for the longest time and now that I got one I love it. By the way, what do you guys think about the extended warranty? worth the money?