GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded Piston Diverter Valve

trbebo

I am thinking about chipping my 2010 GTI and was told that I should add the "Forge Atmospheric Blow Off Valve" so that I do not blow the gasket on the diverter valve. Can I just upgrade to the "Upgraded Piston Diverter Valve, Electronic", or should I do both?

Thanks in advance.

michal

Go Kart Champion
If you go with stage 1, you should be fine just with a stock DV. If you are planning to mod your car more in the future (intake, downpipe, etc) you can change it if you want or just wait and switched it to the piston one if needed. A lot of ppl on this forum have the stock DV when running stage 2 with no problems.

michal

Go Kart Champion
And I don't think that you have to add the "Forge Atmospheric Blow Off Valve" to run everything safely.

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Just get the OEM D piston diverter valve if ur car already doesnt have one and you will be fine.

trbebo

Thanks for the info, the guys at the dealer told me that I needed to add the Blow Off Valve or I would blow the diverter gasket.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Our blow-off valve adapter/spacer is purely used to create the blow-off valve sound.

It does not positively nor negatively impact the performance nor reliability of any version of the OEM valves in any way. The manner in which boost pressure will act on the valve will remain exactly the same.

If you're vehicle is currently equipped with one of the diaphragm based valves, the likelihood of it eventually failing is the same regardless of whether or not you install our spacer with it.

If you have or decide to upgrade to the latest "D" revision piston-based OEM valve, it will be significantly more reliable than the older diaphragm versions, also regardless of whether or not our spacer is used with it.

rgs

Ready to race!
Our blow-off valve adapter/spacer is purely used to create the blow-off valve sound.

It does not positively nor negatively impact the performance nor reliability of any version of the OEM valves in any way. The manner in which boost pressure will act on the valve will remain exactly the same.

If you're vehicle is currently equipped with one of the diaphragm based valves, the likelihood of it eventually failing is the same regardless of whether or not you install our spacer with it.

If you have or decide to upgrade to the latest "D" revision piston-based OEM valve, it will be significantly more reliable than the older diaphragm versions, also regardless of whether or not our spacer is used with it.

I installed a Forge BOV on a 1.8T believing that i needed it. Turns out, just as mentioned above, it is for sound only. The sound was not for me. I had no problem selling it as there are a lot of folks out there that like that noise. If you are into that noise, the Forge piece was well crafted and built like a tank.

The stock DV lasted on that car for the 4 years I owned it.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
The OEM Revision D Piston Diverter Valve is all you will ever need. It's in the $80 range and takes less than 5 minutes to install. I put one on when I went to stage 2 just for the piece of mind.

JP

DREKO

Passed Driver's Ed
I also installed the Forge DV spacer, and it is a quality peice! But the sound was a little high pitched for me. I took it off and drilled out the center holes to about twice the size. It sounds more like a psshhtt, instead of a pssst now. I like the sound alot more, no more bus brakes sound!

P

plac

dont waste any money on the oem piston valve. i had way more flutter noise with the "D" upgraded one. just put my original "G" back in. my boost sounds a lot more in control. the piston has a snap sound when you push it in. the regular diaphram is soft sound pushing in.