GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTI DRL OFF

alvin24

Ready to race!
I just got my gti a few weeks ago after 8 years of wanting it. I would like to turn off my Day Time Running lights on a 2012 GTI. Is there anyway I can do it myself without having to spend a hundred bucks to have someone install an after market switch? I would really appreciate any help, thank you. :iono:

alvin24

Ready to race!
Is this the right purchase at Amazon?

Car Code Reader Scanner VW/AUDI SCAN TOOL MAXSCAN VAG405 VAG 405 OBD II OBD 2 EOBD2

I've vagcom'd mine to give me the option, in the center MFD, to turn it off and on.

yea... click his link...find a person who has the VAG cable and software.

handisnacks

Ready to race!
On my 2010 you can just use the blinker switch on the left side of the steering column. Turn ignition on, but don't start the vehicle. Close the door. Turn stick down (left blinker) and hold it back for high beams until you hear 4 or 5 dings. Then let it go and put it back and it turns DRL's off. To turn them back on do the same but with the right turn signal.

You don't need a VAG cable to do this folks.

spiker369

on air, don't care
On my 2010 you can just use the blinker switch on the left side of the steering column. Turn ignition on, but don't start the vehicle. Close the door. Turn stick down (left blinker) and hold it back for high beams until you hear 4 or 5 dings. Then let it go and put it back and it turns DRL's off. To turn them back on do the same but with the right turn signal.

You don't need a VAG cable to do this folks.

This only works on 2010's with halogens I believe.