GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For those of you that need the iPod MDI TSB...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I have no skipping at all and only just got the update.

SIK02SS

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody notice a reduced sound quality after the flash? I took my TDI in the other day and whether I was listening to Sirius, FM, or Ipod the sound was clear. Picked it up after the flash and Sirius and FM are clear, but Ipod sounds like it's been distorted..specifically when there is bass in a song (any level of bass, not just repetitive 808)

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Anybody notice a reduced sound quality after the flash? I took my TDI in the other day and whether I was listening to Sirius, FM, or Ipod the sound was clear. Picked it up after the flash and Sirius and FM are clear, but Ipod sounds like it's been distorted..specifically when there is bass in a song (any level of bass, not just repetitive 808)

The input level for the mdi probably got defaulted back to medium or loud...check the input level in the setup options. If it's not at soft/low, put it to that setting...enjoy.

SIK02SS

Passed Driver's Ed
The input level for the mdi probably got defaulted back to medium or loud...check the input level in the setup options. If it's not at soft/low, put it to that setting...enjoy.

Thanks, I'll check that. I went through the EQ settings to see if the dealer screwed with them (since my ipod was also no longer on a playlist but just on an artist) and all looked good, didn't look at that though :rolleyes:

LionDude

Got my first 10,000 mile scheduled service done on my 2011 Golf TDI this week and I had them apply the software update (TSB 2024337) to the RNS-315 radio. The iPod skipping issue is now totally corrected. Prior to the update, the scrolling search was never an issue and that appears to be about as fast as before the update. My only gripe was the short skip before each iPod song started. Again, those skips have now disappeared.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
When I did the software update the interface and display were improved but it did nothing for the skipping.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
may want to check your Ipod's playback settings just in case, to make sure you don't have any fade-in's/out's, etc.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
funny.. this just happened to me yesterday actually. perhaps its only on certain albums or tracks with different types of track ID's, I dont know, but i can tell its not happening all the time.

rossman869

Had my 10K mile service done yesterday and they did the update. Yay!!! No more skip and the song titles update when using the iPod. Now just waiting on the wastegate clip to come in to get rid of that rattle!

bmanMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Had this done yesterday (along with wastegate clip). While not perfect, it is vastly better than it was before. In addition to song title and skipping being fixed up, the navigation speed is wayyy better.

Edit: By navigation, I mean navigating IPOD songs/artists/albums on the RCD510.