GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What car did you almost get over the GTI.

SRT2GTI

Banned
2011 STi sedan

P

plac

closest was probably a WRX. with a used 335i a close second. and a used S4 a close 3rd. while dreaming of an STI.

zeo

Passed Driver's Ed
Mk5 R32. Sweet car....

kev0

Ready to race!
Almost got a Space Grey fully spec'd 325i

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
r56 Mini. Chilli-Red w/ JCW bits. Still think about it.. I kept on convincing myself that the trunk was adequate enough for occasional rounds w/ my wife and son...and then i woke up. :laugh:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
New Golf R. Had one on order, but test drove a CPO'd 2011 Autobahn with only 10k miles that was $10,000 less than the R. I decided I couldn't justify that much for what was essentially just AWD. Yes the R has more than that, but lets face it, that's the big difference.

I wouldn't be surprised if my next car ends up being an R anyway.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
2011 Honda Civic SI. All because the VW dealer would not budge on the pricing I wanted. Ended up going out of state and happy I did.

gkallis

Ready to race!
Audi A4 still wish i got it

jball12

Ready to race!
I was comparing MS3, MINI Countryman S All-4, and GTI.

GTI won with interior over MS3, and power over MINI. Plus it looks better than both of them. But, MINI awd was tempting.

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
I was considering the MS3. My real decision was whether or not to buy a cheaper used car and keep my truck (Nissan Titan) or buy a new car. Once I realized I had interest in the truck for $500 less the amount I bought it for 2 years and 35k miles ago I decided to sell it and buy the GTI. In retrospect I wish I bought a 4-dr and I wish I considered the TDI. I do love my GTI, so I'm happy. I'll be even more happy after the payments are finished...