GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another "I got keyed" thread

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
damn im sorry man. I can't imagine someone doing this to my spanky new car like yours.. hope its a simple fix :(

If i see somebody messing up with my car I SWEAR i'm gonna end in jail !!!

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear your car got keyed, but I wouldn't say keying cars is very common (or more usual nowadays) by any means. If your car gets keyed, 95% of the time it's because you pissed somebody off either in your personal life or on the road (road rage). Of course that doesn't justify your car getting keyed and whoever did it is still a scumbag.

Ex-girlfriends are well known for such actions. My ex-wife burned some of my stuff. Never touched my cars because I never cared about any of them.

BAgti

Ready to race!
To me, keying a car is a statement. Don't key a car and run. That's the pussy way out. Key it and stand there and wait for the owner. If you are going to key a car may as well let the owner know it was you.

Never been keyed but I've had my share of idiots opening their doors into my cars and leaving nasty dings.

truth! This is why ever since I got the gti, I try to park as far away from anyone else and walk the extra distance...yet for some reason as I walk back towards the car..theres usually someone that just randomly wants to park next to me too.:paddle:

Anyhow, gl to the OP getting it fixed!

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
things like this make you realize how much you actually care for your car. its part of your family and hurts you inside when your car itself is "hurt". sucks it was done this way tho. any pics of the damage?

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
[/B]

truth! This is why ever since I got the gti, I try to park as far away from anyone else and walk the extra distance...yet for some reason as I walk back towards the car..theres usually someone that just randomly wants to park next to me too.:paddle:

Anyhow, gl to the OP getting it fixed!

I parked far away the other day at a local Meijers, parked right next to a black Audi. I figured an Audi owner that parks far out would value not hitting other people's cars. Looked at the Audi's passenger door and it was covered with dinks from where someone hit it with their door.

I don't know. I think people just get pissed when they see a nicer car. :confused:

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
I wanna see pics!

Sorry about your luck dude it always sucks when someone messes with your happiness

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I parked far away the other day at a local Meijers, parked right next to a black Audi.

Were there other spaces? :confused:

I hate it when I park far out, walking the extra distance because *I* am anal about my cars and am willing to take the extra walk to save my car.....and invariably I will come out and some idiot will have parked right next to me.....dozens of empty spaces arou:confused:nd.....and right next to me. One time an a-hole actually took the care to park so close to my driver door I had to crawl in the passenger side. Literally 3 dozen spaces closer to the store he/she could have used and had empty spaces around their car too....

:iono:

WTF is wrong with people? I'm not being a dick and parking across 2 spaces near the front. I park in my lines, far out, respectful to others.

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
Were there other spaces? :confused:

I hate it when I park far out, walking the extra distance because *I* am anal about my cars and am willing to take the extra walk to save my car.....and invariably I will come out and some idiot will have parked right next to me.....dozens of empty spaces arou:confused:nd.....and right next to me. One time an a-hole actually took the care to park so close to my driver door I had to crawl in the passenger side. Literally 3 dozen spaces closer to the store he/she could have used and had empty spaces around their car too....

:iono:

WTF is wrong with people? I'm not being a dick and parking across 2 spaces near the front. I park in my lines, far out, respectful to others.

Heh, no I parked next to it. I figure someone has a nice car then they will respect mine as well. Now if you park out and someone in a shitty beater parks next to you, that's another story.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
After careful consideration I think it might just been a mishap with someone hitting their gear on my shit. BUT STILL, COME ONNNNN DUDE you can't be careful around my brand new car that didn't even have license plates yet?!?!

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Some people will key your car because you care about it or its brand new/freshly washed. That's just how some people are.

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
Some people will key your car just for fun also. Trust me, there are people like that.

True, there are people like that, but it really is not that common. If you get keyed, its much, much more likely you pissed off your girlfriend, banged some dude's lady, or cut someone off driving like a maniac down the road. Of course, there are always kids who hit your car just for a laugh, but your chances of that happening are pretty low.