GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD 210 pin outs - anybody know what they do?

rownie23

Hi all,

I have a UK MkVI TDi 3-door and the head unit is the basic RCD210 and I'm wanting it out. I have another (admittedly older) Blaupunkt DAB head unit I want to retro fit.

I ordered this adapter:
http://www.bluespot.co.uk/install/show_model.asp?id=294
(It's the very last one on the page)

Trouble is, I can't find any switched lives or illumination feeds.

The pin out diagram on top of the original head unit is in the attachements and the other photo is to prove that there is just 5 wires connected in the black power connector (4 in the brown speaker for front speakers - it is only a 3 door).

If any one can help shed some light on what each pin does I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DSCF1681 cropped.jpg
    DSCF1681 cropped.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 6,496
  • DSCF1689.jpg
    DSCF1689.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 5,246

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
There is no switched live or Illumination wires. These signals are controled by the canbus unit.
You have two options.
1) you buy a canbus adaptor to give you these signals. These can be got from people like connect2 or your local audio dealer but are costly at around £80, the blaupunkt one was the cheapest the last time i got one.
2) you find these signals elsewere in the car. The switched liuve can be got from the bottom 15A fuses on the fuse box. you can add a add a circuit adaptor to these to get the switched live. The illum signal can be picked up from elsewere were theres a signal to switch a light on when the light switch is on.