GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com Coders wanted

ChicityGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all...I'm looking for someone in the Chicagoland area who has the knowledge and equipment to do some Vag-Com coding on a MKVi.

I'm looking to disable DRL's and eventually install a euroswitch to run my parking lights (headlight only) as a DRL.

Anybody out there??

Thanks!

ChicityGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
"have you been to vwvortex.com? Im pretty sure theres a guy who has had luck with disabling the DRL's"

There is a process out there for people that works with Halogens without coding, but does not work with the factory HID's. I believe you have to hold the brights on while simultaneously putting the left turn signal on and then putting the ignition in the 'on' position.

Thanks Bubuski for the links - that's exactly what I was looking for. Do you know how reputable the characters are who advertise on these sights?

zee

Go Kart Champion
I do not know how reputable the individuals are. They are mostly just owners who want to help others from buying the $300 tool. Some do it for free, some charge about $25. If you use this process, make sure you take instructions as coding the MK6 will be slightly different. Some might just give you the laptop to do it yourself.

My advice to get it done for free is to head over to your regional forum on golfmkv.com and look for weekly meets or someone close to your location with a Mk5. People generally bring their Vag tools to weekly meets for those who might require it.

On second thought, arm yourself with all the information you can find for whichever process you use...and make a note of each value before it is changed.