GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion

Love that you are back, the attention to detail on your builds is amazing.

Thanks guys! This wagen is so much fun.

Here's a little cameo on this thread of my daily driver.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Finalized OEM Votex kit and got it schedule for the 16th for a complete respray. Wagen will be Matte Silver Metallic.

So aero! Much downforce! I kid I kid!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Awesome news! Looking forward to seeing the the car painted. What made you decide to go with a matte color?

Have you seen the Mercedes GTR? After seeing that car in person and on track, I was sold on a matte finish. I also think a matte finish might fit the character and end goal of my plans for this car. Sportwagens arent naturally aggressive looking, so I think the matte silver finish might give it that little bit of edge, without going too far in that direction.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Have you seen the Mercedes GTR? After seeing that car in person and on track, I was sold on a matte finish. I also think a matte finish might fit the character and end goal of my plans for this car. Sportwagens arent naturally aggressive looking, so I think the matte silver finish might give it that little bit of edge, without going too far in that direction.
I'm jealous that you've seen a Mercedes GTR in person :wub:

I agree with you completely that the color suits the car and will add a subtle, eye catching bit of aggressiveness! When I finally get around to wrapping my car it will be a satin or matte color.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Whelp, these turned out buttery smooth and slick! I did the same treatment on my previous GTI but red. Wagen will get some needed upgraded stopping power next.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
#hiddenGems During paint prep, we discovered that the passenger fender had at some point in the past been repaired. So, now it's time to replace it with a new OEM unit. Yippie!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Couple things.

Car is now Matte Silver! Started the reassembly, but have a few new parts that need to go in during this process. Also, we wrapped all of the chrome trim with 3M vinyl. I'll post more when the car is all back together!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
How did you delete the yellow side markers?

A body shop can shave/delete them. Essentially, they use bumper plastic to trim a shape the same size as the marker, plastic weld it in place, fill imperfections with flexible filler, sand smooth and then paint it. I had it done on the GTI too.

I actually have a second bumper now and might run side markers again. There was a recent case in Florida where insurance was denied because these are required by FDOT even though we don't have emissions or inspections. I plan to drive the car much more than I did my GTI.