GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0T Engine weight? Crate engine..?

nbrigdan

Hey guys, new here, glad that's out of the way so that I can ask what's probably a stupid question and has been answered somewhere that I haven't seen, but how much does the stock 2012/2013 2.0T engine weight? (in "crate engine" form, so all the stuff included) And also, does anyone know where I can buy one as a crate engine? Thanks! (Side note, this vs the engine in the golf R, if I was going to buy a crate motor for my project then tune it which would give better performance? I'm thinking about adapting the APR stage 3/3+ kit for it, thanks!)

Last edited:

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Tall block, no tranny...I would say the neighborhood of 300lb. Maybe 350.

Someone at APR will know.

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
We have a subscription service here at work. I was unable to find a 2.0TSI engine mass, but it says the 2.0TFSI engine is 135kg. I figure its in the same ballpark at least. But it may include more than just a long block. I figure by what they show listed, this is fully dressed engine that could be run on a dyno.

nbrigdan

thanks, ya I thought the 1.8 was in the neighbour hood of around 265lbs, so that sounds reasonable, any ideas if anyone sells 2.0 crate engines?