GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-com alternative?!

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I have the carista ios app and the carista dongle (and wifi elm237 dongles too).
They work fine for dashcommand etc (Carista dongle only works with Carista and ODB Fusion apps).
Carista app is ok. Too expensive for the pro package which just gives you some of the typical coding features that you would only change ever once.
Better to get a "cheap" vcds cable for less.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have the carista ios app and the carista dongle (and wifi elm237 dongles too).
They work fine for dashcommand etc (Carista dongle only works with Carista and ODB Fusion apps).
Carista app is ok. Too expensive for the pro package which just gives you some of the typical coding features that you would only change ever once.
Better to get a "cheap" vcds cable for less.

Or buy the OBDeleven (what this thread is about) which is $60 and its the proversion so you can do all the coding and stuff you want. Not pay $60 and then pay for a premium version.

The "credits" are for people who dont know how to code they have preset up the most common codes and you can pay them with the "credits" and it will write the code for you with the push of a button. You dont need this feature if you can write it yourself or can copy from a forum etc its more of a convenience feature.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Or don't .... because not having Android phone and looking for option for iPhone which is what some are talking about.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Or don't .... because not having Android phone and looking for option for iPhone which is what some are talking about.

Maybe get with the better phone company :] lol

Btw in their review they used a $44 android table with it so its still can be had for right around $100 with a tablet. Which is a bout 200 cheaper than a legit VAG-com cable

Last edited:

xX_UG_GTI_Xx

I have the OBDeleven, it's a fun little gadget. There's no coding helper on it as of now, hoping they update it to have one. Cause one wrong click and you could be screwed. Like your key fob stops working for a few days, lol. Luckily I was able to figure it out looking at vagcom info and use it on the OBDeleven. I like the live data feature too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

oracle462

What do you mean coding helper? Like those one click buttons to change a feature? Or the advanced coding? I assume research through the forums is the best place to find advanced coding instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
What do you mean coding helper? Like those one click buttons to change a feature? Or the advanced coding? I assume research through the forums is the best place to find advanced coding instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe he is refering to a long code helper like with vagcom for when writing your own codes.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have the OBDeleven, it's a fun little gadget. There's no coding helper on it as of now, hoping they update it to have one. Cause one wrong click and you could be screwed. Like your key fob stops working for a few days, lol. Luckily I was able to figure it out looking at vagcom info and use it on the OBDeleven. I like the live data feature too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Are you able to do data logs with OBDEleven?