GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Help" No Headlight Washers But I Get a Code For It

JT641

Banned
Like the title says I don't have headlight washers and yet I'm getting a code for them. Also confirmed with the dealer using my vin# that my car never came with them. So why do I keep getting this code???:confused: Please Help

Last edited:

spiker369

on air, don't care
Did you ever code byte 18 to RoW for LED tail lights or something similar? You probably activated the system for the cleaners without realizing it. Just uncheck the box in the long code for the electrical system. :thumbsup:

JT641

Banned
Did you ever code byte 18 to RoW for LED tail lights or something similar? You probably activated the system for the cleaners without realizing it. Just uncheck the box in the long code for the electrical system. :thumbsup:

Nope never did still have the stock tail lights, But I'll check it anyways

JT641

Banned
One thing I forgot to mention was I didn't get this code until after I got my car back from the body shop

JT641

Banned
I was betting on maybe it was a headlight swap or something but new rules that out.

What work did body shop do? Maybe they didn't plug something back in?

Sent from phone Tapa

Body shop did just superficial cosmetic stuff front and rear bumpers repainted the hood, everything works properly adaptive HID headlights and all of the of the lights and turn signals

They even pulled the front bumper off today when I went back there to prove to me there was no headlight washers

Got the car back from the body shop back in April So if anything wasn't working right it would have been noticed back right after I got it back

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Fixed it, Went into long coding on central electronics and dug around till I found it under byte 20 and 25

Byte 20 unchecked Bit 5 where it says "headlight washer installed"

Byte 25 unchecked "headlight washer with daytime running light (DRL) active

Last edited: