GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trading the GTI for an RS5

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
So I went to the local Audi dealership this past weekend hoping to find a TT-RS, they didn't have any but they did have an RS5. 2013 model with 8k miles CPO warranty until 2019, 60k out the door.

I'm set to go pick her up Wednesday, any thoughts before I finalize anything?

imtimmy

Ready to race!
Is your gti getting traded in with the k04 still in it?

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Yes, trading it with everything that's on it now, don't really care to deal with a part out.

dynamiik

Ready to race!
Get ready for some ridiculous maintenance, other than that, car is a blast. Love driving them at work

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Awesome car – Congrats! No need to talk about taking care of due its price & I'm sure you understand that: If you can, just get in the future a supercharger kit for it! :thumbsup:

If, plan B: Used Audi S6 (twin turbo V8) with just a tune, the sky is the limit for less money.

dynamiik

Ready to race!
Is there an Audi maintenance plan that can be purchased and added to the loan or lease?

Yes Audi has what they call Audi Care which covers 15k, 25k, 35k, and 45k.

imtimmy

Ready to race!
Yes, trading it with everything that's on it now, don't really care to deal with a part out.

Gotcha. Congrats on the upgrade, what color? RS5's look cool, and yes like the other comment, stupercharge dat biotch:w00t:

Yayotas

Ready to race!
So I went to the local Audi dealership this past weekend hoping to find a TT-RS, they didn't have any but they did have an RS5. 2013 model with 8k miles CPO warranty until 2019, 60k out the door.

I'm set to go pick her up Wednesday, any thoughts before I finalize anything?

Hell yeah Charlie that's sick dude! lol I'll take you oem tails and you take me depo lol jkjk

Sent from my pigeon using TapStalk

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
I agree it's a very cool car, but I don't know why you would get an RS5 is you wanted a TT-RS...
Enjoy it though!

SlowGLI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Traded my GLI in for a TTRS, no ragrets. Boss has an RS5, amazing car, albeit kind of heavy. The sport differential really makes it interesting though, in the best way

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Tomorrow looks to be the day depending on whether or not I get my stuff in the mail.
They are giving me 12k on my GTI, it blue books for 14k. I told them everything I had done to it and they expressed concern about being able to resale it of course. Hate to see it go but as a single guy I really cant justify two vehicles, not to mention the money I'd have to spend to move it when I transfer to a new command (especially overseas!).

Get ready for some ridiculous maintenance, other than that, car is a blast. Love driving them at work

I've done some forum lurking and don't see anything too crazy other than a couple guys who had their motors pop.

Awesome car – Congrats! No need to talk about taking care of due its price & I'm sure you understand that: If you can, just get in the future a supercharger kit for it! :thumbsup:

If, plan B: Used Audi S6 (twin turbo V8) with just a tune, the sky is the limit for less money.

I was, looking at SC kits from APR and they don't seem to have one for the RS5's V8. The SC for the S5 is $14,000+ though :yikes:.
In reality I'll probably keep it stock save for the euro aspherical mirrors, I have them on my GTI and I love them.

Gotcha. Congrats on the upgrade, what color? RS5's look cool, and yes like the other comment, stupercharge dat biotch:w00t:

Daytona Grey I believe is what it's called, love grey cars.

Fuck yes! you still in Jax?

Yeah I transferred from NAS Jax to Mayport a couple years ago. Trying to get mafia status.

Hell yeah Charlie that's sick dude! lol I'll take you oem tails and you take me depo lol jkjk

Sent from my pigeon using TapStalk

Haha, I thought about parting out but this was really spur of the moment. Trade the car as is.

I agree it's a very cool car, but I don't know why you would get an RS5 is you wanted a TT-RS...
Enjoy it though!

The TT-RS is a size I'm more comfortable with while the RS 5 is my attainable dream car, I didn't expect to bump into one; I wasn't really looking for it specifically when I found it.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Awesome car.

Slower than your GTI, but great mix of luxury and sportiness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well looks like I'll be keeping the GTI, as I was in the process of putting down a deposit over the phone (stuck on the ship on duty) someone bought it. Must have sold it for more than what I would have gotten it for.
:mad:

Guess it's back to hunting...