GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed GTI Front Mount Intercooler Review

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I can also confirm it fits, but it was a lot of work.. You'll need a heat gun to heat up the hose, some lube- I used Poly Lube, some sort of flat nylon 'bone' to help guide the hose on.. It was also a two-man job.. Oh, and it might help to have Madonna's 'Like a Virgin' playing in the background..

I'm not gonna lie.. It was a huge PITA..

I didn't have any difficulty at all sliding the neuspeed hoses over the s3 TOP. A little bit of soapy water, and a pick to pry the hose over the TOP. Took maybe 3 minutes of wiggling and it was done.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
I didn't have any difficulty at all sliding the neuspeed hoses over the s3 TOP. A little bit of soapy water, and a pick to pry the hose over the TOP. Took maybe 3 minutes of wiggling and it was done.

I think his post might have been a bit of hyperbole, but 3 mins of wiggling is more than some folks have in them...but not me though...I can hang...

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
This didn't worry me really, but I was hyper sensitive to where the rolled end was compared to the clamp and that the hose was square. I'd agree that a bigger roll OR 3-4 ribs machined in the ends like their adapter PLUS the in/out being round would be great.

Still no issues with mine and I'm hitting 22+ psi daily.

Once I wrenched the t bolt clamps all the way down everything was good. Held 28 psi on ko4 and its holding 25 psi on my gtx28

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Two totally different styles of ICs. This is a true front mount IC that installs behind the bumper. The factory IC can either be "deleted" or just left in place. The APR is a factory style IC that needs to be installed in between the radiator and AC condenser, which means removing A LOT more of the car to install.

As far as a performance difference, I highly doubt there is a large, consistent, measurable difference between those two setups until you get into 400+ hp. Also, this IC can be had for ~$650 on sale, where the APR is over $1,000.

So the APR costs more and is more difficult to install. Also there are about a dozen other options for factory placement ICs that cost less and have more or less features than APR, but the install is still the same.

This IC can be DIY'd with simple tools in about 3 hours, double that for factory style ICs.

Yeah, I have a K04, and I've been looking at the Neuspeed one. Just can't justify the $1,000 price on the APR, but I think I remember somewhere someone saying the APR was better, because there was A. more pressure drop with the Neuspeed, and B. the APR had cooler temperatures. I just can't seem to find that thread anywhere.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I have a K04, and I've been looking at the Neuspeed one. Just can't justify the $1,000 price on the APR, but I think I remember somewhere someone saying the APR was better, because there was A. more pressure drop with the Neuspeed, and B. the APR had cooler temperatures. I just can't seem to find that thread anywhere.

Fuck the APR IC there is nothing special about it. Only stock location IC I would ever buy is the IE or Wagner because they both have end tanks that help distribute flow more towards the top. The Neuspeed is great I felt an improvment in response on my ko4 turbo so I call bullshit on more pressure drop.

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Fuck the APR IC there is nothing special about it. Only stock location IC I would ever buy is the IE or Wagner because they both have end tanks that help distribute flow more towards the top. The Neuspeed is great I felt an improvment in response on my ko4 turbo so I call bullshit on more pressure drop.

Good to know. I'm looking for a decent IC for my K04 build, and I just can't justify the $1,000 price for the APR. Neuspeed it is!

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

Mine took a lot of effort for whatever reason. Either way I'm glad it went on and I'm rid of the o-ring.. Glad yours went more smoothly..

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Are those of you running the S3 TOP also K04? My Neuspeed K04 TOP has been trouble and I would love an alternative.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
What problems are you having? My Neuspeed ko4 discharge pipe has been fine even with my stage 3 kit.
I've had both the 90 at the turbo to the pipe pop off as well as the coupling side to the IC multiple times. Torn numerous green gaskets. I have adjusted it in every way- the last time when I put on the Fluidampr I thought I had it (hairspray, T-bolt clamps and a worm gear at each connection). It always starts as a small oil leak and if I don't address it, leads to a pop off.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I've had both the 90 at the turbo to the pipe pop off as well as the coupling side to the IC multiple times. Torn numerous green gaskets. I have adjusted it in every way- the last time when I put on the Fluidampr I thought I had it (hairspray, T-bolt clamps and a worm gear at each connection). It always starts as a small oil leak and if I don't address it, leads to a pop off.

No doubt that VW clip adaptor is stupid though I haven't had any problems with mine but if yours is giving you trouble I would spend the money on the AWE pipe to do away with that shit. I would if mine ever gives me problems. You could sell your Neuspeed pipe and get a good deal of your money back so it wouldn't cost much.

SilverSurferS4

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed the neuspeed fmic this afternoon took me about 2 hrs taking my sweet time. I discarded the clamps it came with and used constant torque clamps. I also doubled up on the clamps (can you say overkill) on them because I would hate to have to remove the bumper to fix a popped of intercooler hose. I suspect I would be able to run 60psi (sarcasm) with no issues, lol.

Attachments

• 20160401_181121_crop_919x597-1024x665.jpg
    20160401_181121_crop_919x597-1024x665.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 366