GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THROTTLE BODY UPGRADE (or replace)

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Your intercooler shouldn't be pushing your fans into your charge pipes. I have a CTS intercooler and its rather large.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I got an APR intercooler and it pushes the fans closer to the pipes. Not the first time it happens or the first person either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone yet found out if this tb works with unis dv relocation kit.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I know this TB is supposed to be plug and play, however I am getting a CEL P0068 Throttle Position Correlation, and the shop that did the install said they were unable to adapt it via VCDS. I reached out to Gramsperf but they haven't responded yet. I was gonna try resetting my ecu by unplugging the battery for 15min and then do the open door, open hood, key on acc wait three minutes thing later today. Any suggestions?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I know this TB is supposed to be plug and play, however I am getting a CEL P0068 Throttle Position Correlation, and the shop that did the install said they were unable to adapt it via VCDS. I reached out to Gramsperf but they haven't responded yet. I was gonna try resetting my ecu by unplugging the battery for 15min and then do the open door, open hood, key on acc wait three minutes thing later today. Any suggestions?

Adaption via Vcds is possible so I don't understand why they couldn't do it

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Said it showed a error, and they weren't able to run the adaptation successfully. I spoke with Grams they said it could be tune related, if cobb modified the throttle body parameters or throttle advancement. I emailed cobb for info on that. But I'm thinking its a hardware problem. I can hear slight noise from the TB (gotta get real close) when I put the key to ACC in the ignition.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Grams put the throttle bodies on back order supposedly they are "reprogramming" them. Honestly them saying it's plug and play and no tune required is kinda horse shit if you ask me.

Chris659

Ready to race!
Grams put the throttle bodies on back order supposedly they are "reprogramming" them. Honestly them saying it's plug and play and no tune required is kinda horse shit if you ask me.

Had mine on for about 2 weeks now without any issue. Did the vcds adaptation

I did have it stall a few times periodically while sitting still at idle and one time from idle to reverse. But that was within the first few days of driving. Other than that it works great and hasn't stalled anymore

I'll get the tune revised soon

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
So today i took my time to remove and adjust the throttle pipe but it still rubs a little on the radiator fan. No matter how hard I tighten the bolts it still somehow moves closer to the fan after I drive it hard.

Before driving after adjusting:

After the first drive:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
So i have the grams TB but havent got around to installing it yet. Should i send it back to them for reprogramming?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

Idk, at this point I might put the stock TB back on because my driveability is horrible surges like hell at low speeds, mpg crap, fuel trims etc. I commute 80-100mi a day, can't keep driving like this lol. Gonna check all the connectors one more time. I really doubt it's my tunes fault, since several people are running it perfectly fine with an aftermarket tune. And I want to get my stratified protune going. I.E. Manifold provides more than enough flow anyways.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Idk, at this point I might put the stock TB back on because my driveability is horrible surges like hell at low speeds, mpg crap, fuel trims etc. I commute 80-100mi a day, can't keep driving like this lol. Gonna check all the connectors one more time. I really doubt it's my tunes fault, since several people are running it perfectly fine with an aftermarket tune. And I want to get my stratified protune going. I.E. Manifold provides more than enough flow anyways.

damn weird that some people are having issues with the new TB... can you explain in exact detail the surging your experiencing? are you dsg?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
damn weird that some people are having issues with the new TB... can you explain in exact detail the surging your experiencing? are you dsg?

Yeah im dsg, it feels like since the adaptation fails, the TB is either shut or wide open. At low speeds the car bucks, and acceleration is choppy, 0-35 mph is hell. I also can hear the car bleeding off the excess boost. Cars also running rich to compensate.

For perspective my mod list (eventually gonna make a thread after i'm tuned and this crap is sorted out):

Cobb Tuning AP3-VLK-001
Cobb Tuning Downpipe Non-Resonated
Cobb Tuning Catback
Integrated Engineering Cold Air Intake
Integrated Engineering Intake Manifold
Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete and Boost Pipes
Fluidampr + ARP Bolt Kit (Crank Pulley)
ARM Motorsports FMIC + Stock IC Delete
Grams 70mm Throttle Body
R8 Coilpacks
NGK BKR7EIX (2667) Spark Plugs Set (4)
Gruven Billet Pulley Set (Alternator and Tension)

Port and Polished Stock Turbo (IHI RHF5)
Forge Wastegate Actuator
GFB DV+

PTP Lava Wrap on Downpipe
PTP Turbo Blanket

Currently running Cobb Stage 2 Stock MAF 93 oct.

Attempted to run the first revision of my stratified map, but anything above ~30-40mph causes overboost and limp mode.

I know someone who ran the TB with I.E manifold and they have 0 issues. And yes I realize in this setup the turbo is now the restriction.

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I remember Peter from IE said this about it running on a tune not ment for that tb. "The throttle control on the ecm side will be all screwed up till a turner fixes the mapping for the larger tb."

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I remember Peter from IE said this about it running on a tune not ment for that tb. "The throttle control on the ecm side will be all screwed up till a turner fixes the mapping for the larger tb."

Yeah I'm sending a email to my tuner at stratified to see if they can fix the problem. They're past the 48hr respond period from my previous email though.
I really don't want to take off the TB, but I might have no choice for now.