GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feeler: Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS Head Unit

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Hello everyone. So I'm considering swapping out my Pioneer for something OEM. I'm really OCD about that type of stuff and I feel like an OEM one just looks better, while it certainly doesn't have the features of this Pioneer. I bought this for $480 retail. With the video bypass, iPod cable and installation is was a little over $650 for everything.

It's a pretty awesome head unit, especially if you own an iPhone. You can run apps such as Waze (navigation), Pandora, or even an app called DashCommand which utilizes the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors in the iPhone to provide advanced features such as the skid pad, race track, and inclinometer. It also includes virtual dashboards. Pretty neat. Here's a list of all the apps you can use: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio

These head units are new from Pioneer as of November 2012. I bought it in late February this year.

So if I were to put this up for sale I would like to get at least $400 for it (locally) and probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $425 shipped. If you want the iPhone 5 cable (which is $100) you're looking at $450 and $475.

Here are a few pics of it installed. You would get the head unit, dash cover, iPod cable, video bypass switch, and the original box/manual/wires/etc.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
It is compatible but I do not have it.

Just a feeler. If I can't get what I'm looking for I won't sell it.

Maybe i'll include the $100 iPhone 5 cable for free then.

Bretterson

Ready to race!
I want to be interested, but I think I'd like to keep my OEM as well. I'm curious though, what makes this different from the AppRadio?

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I want to be interested, but I think I'd like to keep my OEM as well. I'm curious though, what makes this different from the AppRadio?

All you can do to the AppRadio is use it in AppRadio mode. You can't listen to Sirius/XM, CD's, AUX, AV. This head unit HAS AppRadio mode on it so you can do all of these things.

It's still up for sale.

I just installed the iPhone 5 kit and it works fine. Pretty neat the stuff you can do.

Bretterson

Ready to race!
All you can do to the AppRadio is use it in AppRadio mode. You can't listen to Sirius/XM, CD's, AUX, AV. This head unit HAS AppRadio mode on it so you can do all of these things.

It's still up for sale.

I just installed the iPhone 5 kit and it works fine. Pretty neat the stuff you can do.

I see. I noticed they have 2 versions of the upcoming AppRadio 3, one of which supports DVDs and CDs.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I see. I noticed they have 2 versions of the upcoming AppRadio 3, one of which supports DVDs and CDs.

Yeah I atually saw that the other day. Rather intriguing.

So after a day with the iPhone 5 compatible cable I've come to the conclusion that it is the worst interface I have ever dealt with with a phone attached.

I'm going back to get it uninstalled tomorrow and just going to go with the normal lightning cable. I wrote Pioneer a nice long e-mail detailing how much time and money (~$800) in this head unit and for the AppMode to turn out this way is a travesty.

I still love the head unit though. It's great. AppMode is just beyond terrible.