GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Not all done today, but in the last few weeks. This car is coming together nicely:

Track shoes!!! Neuspeed RSe05 17x8 +45 with Hankook R-S4 235/45 R17

For comparison, here are the "street shoes." Enkei Raijin 18x8 +45 with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 235/40 R18

Also replaced the turbo outlet pipe with Neuspeed's. Pic also shows the Supaloy control arms, ball joints and end links.

Unibrace UB and XB

I'm planning on getting some bracing down the line, how much did they help? Did you do them separately or together? If separate, which one helped more?

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
I'm planning on getting some bracing down the line, how much did they help? Did you do them separately or together? If separate, which one helped more?

I have only driven through the canyons since installing them, but they do help. Tire squeal through tight turns was way down and the car feels more planted overall. I did both at the same time and though I take out the XB for daily driving, I haven't tried a driving comparison with it in and out.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Purchased the correct O2 sensor to replace the one on the turbo flange since I am getting a P0030 and it is messing with my Stratified datalogs :) I bet my car is going to feel sooo much better after I replace the sensor. Crawled under my car to locate it, and it looks like total suckage to get to.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!

XB hands down

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Got a chance to clean the enginebay yesterday. Hasn’t been properly done since i bought the car years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caii

painted the back GTI emblem to match the rest of the german flag decals i got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Just set up my appointment to get my timing tensioner/chain replaced. Not having any problems yet, but I'm at 75k so I feel it's time to replace the tensioner.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
whats the quote for the cost, if you don't mind me asking?

$1650, but I don't have a detailed list of what that includes. A revised chain and revised tensioner obviously, and the $200 lower timing cover, but I'm not sure about any parts beyond that. I think he said it's like an 8 hour job, so he'll have it for 2 days.

I had a 2nd shop quote me too and it was only $50 off from the first quote.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
$1650, but I don't have a detailed list of what that includes. A revised chain and revised tensioner obviously, and the $200 lower timing cover, but I'm not sure about any parts beyond that. I think he said it's like an 8 hour job, so he'll have it for 2 days.

I had a 2nd shop quote me too and it was only $50 off from the first quote.

peace of mind aint cheap.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Seems to be the going rate, somehow i got my shop (VW/Audi/APR tuner shop) to do it for ~1200 but they regretted the quiote lol. Think it was a mistake quote haha

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
peace of mind aint cheap.

I don't really want to do it. I feel like I could get away with it and trade it in before something would fail. I had bad luck with the chain on my last gti though, so I'll take that peace of mind lol

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I paid 1750 for my exhaust manifold gasket. Lol I also had a broken stud they had to extract totally worth it in my opinion I'd have prolly gotten pissed broke something else or ended up needing them to finish. Peace of mind totally worth it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk