GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HSTUNING RSR CLUTCH

Sauce118

Ready to race!
***SOLD***

I have a used RSR clutch that I had to remove from my car because it could not hold up to the GT30 torque. As soon as I noticed it slipping, it was driven lightly until it was removed. There is absolutely no discoloration on the pressure plate and no abnormal wear (literally barely any visible wear at all) on the organic disc. It was on my car with K04 power for about 12k miles (lots of which was highway) and was never dropped down or launched from a dig. It is in great condition and would make a perfect clutch for someone stage 2 or K04 that doesn't want to spend the money on a brand new RSR. There is no better clutch than this one if you are below or around 375ft-lbs; Factory feel with great grabbing power. If it could hold the power, I would buy it all over again. I can provide pictures if anyone is interested.

They are $899 new right now from HSTuning.
Asking $500 shipped but will entertain reasonable offers.

Includes the organic disc, pressure plate, and metal throwout bearing. lmk if you are interested. 252-626-two two four six. text please...

**EDIT: as you can see in the comments below, I forgot to mention that the self adjusting pp requires resetting prior to installation. I will reset it prior to sending or if someone interested wants pics I will reset and send pics of the pp with tab in reset position. I can also resurface the pressure plate if you want for piece of mind, but it doesn't need it. I have the tools at work to do both!**

Last edited:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
These are basically useless once removed. The pressure plate is self adjusting and would need to be turned back before reinstalling. Ask me how I know.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
These are basically useless once removed. The pressure plate is self adjusting and would need to be turned back before reinstalling. Ask me how I know.
I have no relation to the seller but I read up on this issue awhile back so I'll share my knowledge. The self adjusting pressure plate can be reset fairly easily if you know what you're doing. Doesn't require any special tools other than a press. Perhaps a bench vise or similar could be used, not sure.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I have no relation to the seller but I read up on this issue awhile back so I'll share my knowledge. The self adjusting pressure plate can be reset fairly easily if you know what you're doing. Doesn't require any special tools other than a press. Perhaps a bench vise or similar could be used, not sure.

Good find. Just making prospective buyers aware, so they don’t just go install it without resetting it.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
Yes, I know it needs reset, I will reset it prior to sending if buyer wants. It can be done easily :) Thanks though, I probably should have mentioned that!

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
If you took out trans to replace shift forks would reset be needed before putting trans back. What are the symptoms of not doing the reset? TIA