GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reputable shops in Edmonton?

ksa1

Hi guys,

Just got a 2011 GTI and I am looking for a decent and well priced shop that can work on these cars in Edmonton. Suggestions are highly appreciated.

At some point I'd like to get the timing chain and tensioner looked at and replaced if necessary and perhaps the carbon build up clean-up etc and would like to take it somewhere they know what they are doing.

Any ideas on what sort of costs to expect with this work? Other people local in Alberta must have gotten this done?

Thanks very much.

2.5mk6

Either basco automotive or westside automotive is the best choices for your vw. I’ve taken my 1970 westfalia and my mk6 to both but basco only specializes in newer Volkswagen’s now.

ksa1

Either basco automotive or westside automotive is the best choices for your vw. I’ve taken my 1970 westfalia and my mk6 to both but basco only specializes in newer Volkswagen’s now.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Have you had any work done from either of those guys? How were they in terms of quality, costs etc?

I notice you also have a MK6 GTI, have you had any of the preventative maintenance done on it like the tensioner and chain etc? If so, details in terms of location, costs involved etc would be great.

Thanks for your time.