GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 2012 RCD510 Premium 8 with PHONE button and HD radio

Fixmy59bug

Ready to race!
SOLD to the buyer in Hawaii

I picked this up because I wanted the phone button operation and HD radio...

The part number is 1K0-035-180-AE

As soon as I got it, I installed it and took pics...

DAMN, I was excited...

But the honeymoon didn't last long.

Apparently the PHONE operation doesn't interact well with the older bluetooth units. Dialing from the screen works brilliantly, outgoing calls work wonderfully, but incoming calls not so great.

The PHONE button does not mean it has Bluetooth built in. You still need an external bluetooth module to get bluetooth operation. The button enables on screen dialing similar to the RNS-510 navigation unit.

The radio will momentarily black out when it receives signal from the bluetooth unit. I believe this to be because the radio is supposed to communicate on the new BAP protocol, but the older bluetooth does not.

Also since I live in a valley away from a major metropolitan area my HD radio signals are crap.

Since those two functions are the ONLY reason I bought this one, there is no sense in me having the radio if I can't use all the functions. I will be putting my regular premium 8 back in and will sell this one to someone who (hopefully) can use it to it's full potential.

I will take more pics tonight after I take it back out.

RADIO CODE IS INCLUDED.

Asking price is $500 shipped and insured.

Yes, that is more than a premium 8, but it is more functional than a regular premium 8. I will not negotiate on the price.

Last edited:

livefast

Ready to race!
that looks awesome, does it let you use touch screen controls to control bluetooth audio?

Deaks2

Ready to race!
that looks awesome, does it let you use touch screen controls to control bluetooth audio?
Yes.

I played with a 2012 MK6 with the new RCD-510 and 9W7 and you get Bt audio controls and song info on the headunit in addition to the phone menu à la RNS-510.

Zach L

VR junkie
How much would it cost someone to by the newer Bluetooth necessary to use all the functions in this RCD510?

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
would love to know if you can update the 2011 rcd-510 to think it has a phone button instead of mute... someone with 9w7 buy this so that we can see if the bluetooth issues replicate.

would love this!

Deaks2

Ready to race!
would love to know if you can update the 2011 rcd-510 to think it has a phone button instead of mute... someone with 9w7 buy this so that we can see if the bluetooth issues replicate.

would love this!
What BT issues?

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Hey OP can you post your original purchase price or the MSRP?

Fixmy59bug

Ready to race!
What BT issues?

Deaks, Did you read my original post? I wanted to make sure to any potential buyer that the phone operation did not work 100% in my car. Of course my car is a MkV, but I still felt it prudent to mention my experience.

I posted

Apparently the PHONE operation doesn't interact well with the older bluetooth units. Dialing from the screen works brilliantly, outgoing calls work wonderfully, but incoming calls not so great.

The PHONE button does not mean it has Bluetooth built in. You still need an external bluetooth module to get bluetooth operation. The button enables on screen dialing similar to the RNS-510 navigation unit.

The radio will momentarily black out when it receives signal from the bluetooth unit. I believe this to be because the radio is supposed to communicate on the new BAP protocol, but the older bluetooth does not.

Hey OP can you post your original purchase price or the MSRP?

If you can believe it, List price on it (according to 1stvwparts) is $1750. I was able to get it for the same price I am selling it for, $500. It came from a friends car that upgraded to the navigation.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
If you can believe it, List price on it (according to 1stvwparts) is $1750. I was able to get it for the same price I am selling it for, $500. It came from a friends car that upgraded to the navigation.

thats just insane! great deal!