GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Australia MK6 GTi build thread

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
Hey mate,

Yep Flashloader got here same day we spoke. Thanks heaps. Now just to get my car back so I can use it!

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Hey Ben

For some part numbers VW offer an changeover program. If you havent asked yet it might be worth investigating. You trade in your faulty mechatronics unit on the new one and it can save up to $1000 from memory?

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
Just put it back on the dyno with the new DSG box in it.

Pretty happy

K04 - 21psi - 98RON

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Glad you got everything worked out.

Definitely some of the best numbers/smoothest curve I've seen on a pump gas k04. I believe dyno dynamics reads ~12% lower than a dynojet.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Glad you got everything worked out.

Definitely some of the best numbers/smoothest curve I've seen on a pump gas k04. I believe dyno dynamics reads ~12% lower than a dynojet.

yea The Dyno Dynamics is known throughout the industry as being the "heartbreaker" dyno

PS this was with W/M ?

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
Raced the car last night. Felt really strong and went harder than I thought. We were aiming for a 12.5 to get the Aus record but it went 12.3 straight out of the box and ended up running 12.266@113.64

Next steps are to try and run an 11 on pump gas. No one has done that anywhere in the world.

Changes we're looking at:
- Addition of WMI
- Slightly more boost
- DSG tune from GIAC
- Less weight (car and driver)
- Drop the exhaust for less back pressure

With all that it should be able to shave two tenths. See how we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEKv8dxrbd8

Time slip:

Grandturismo

Ready to race!
Well done Ben, it's great to see. World record next is definately achievable with your great attitude.
Best of luck champ :)

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
Thanks guys. It was a blast to drive!

Hopefully it goes quicker again

Wish more golfs were keen to race