GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i didn't think the gtx28 would get you that high. but i have the same goals in mind. at least 400whp/400wtq and i'll be satisfied.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
You bring up some good points. Those cobras were surely surprised we raced last week but yea, the cost per HP for us is outrageous to them. The same can be said about Honda.

I was really shocked when I moved from Subaru's to VW's just how much more expensive performance parts are on VW especially for their cost per HP. I was also pretty surprised at the limited tuning options. Plus no ability to un-marry the tune on the car and re-sale it (cobb!)

Subaru has open ECU freeware software that you can play with, nothing like this exists (for many reasons) on the GTI and any custom tunes are quiet expensive.

I think I speak for a lot of folks.. The pace of performance innovation for the TSI seems to be slower than I would think/hope. Once we hit the fueling wall around 2010-2011, we've been stuck in a rut. Too bad no one is trying throttle body injection to sell, no HPFP and no cure for the common door rattle haha!

But I have to admit what is on the market if you do it right is dead reliable. Plus GTI's don't have a "glass" transmission like the WRX's used to have. We just have clutches made out of tissue paper haha.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
so should we be expecting an 800whp revving to 8k graph from your car????

Lol no 8k, Valvetrain no problem for it but the HPFP wont keep up although the turbo would love it. I'm going for ~525whp on 93 and w/m on mine havent dyno'd or tuned yet but i should be close

Edit, Loba just posted on their FB LO7xx turbos for the 997

Last edited:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
You think the hpfp would support higher revs with BT setup?

I would think so, it might not be much but 8k would be nice :D. Would be about 30psi on my turbo all the way to rev limit.

Which would make a 4k rpm power band rather than a 3100rpm band

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

keco

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes 4*gear, and i have a vag com.

but my mechanic does not find the leak! we do not know what to do!

keco

Passed Driver's Ed
I forgot ... with the vag com, it gives me an error ... REQUEST PRESSURE NOT REACHED

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
^ I think that's because our map sensor is only 2.5 bar. Still could help though, log the n75[/

And requested and actual boost and blocks 2 and 3.

Have you tried running the car without the maf?

Status
Not open for further replies.