GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Australia MK6 GTi build thread

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
Damn low 12's with drage radials and a K04. I need to get there. :thumbsup:

For sure mate. There's no secret sauce on mine.

Off the shelf tune. Off the shelf CTS parts. Anyone could have it.

#getgiac #gofast

#delivering

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
It's more along the lines of timing for me. We've got a little one on the way. Tried to play the "I can get you to the hospital quicker" card but she wasn't having it ;)

Gold! Seriously though that's a great angle.

I need more turbo!

GTX2867R-IWG

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
On a GTX2867R you will need Rods.... if you even want 70% of the power that turbo can make

Strictly speaking no you don't but trd420 is right, the way it delivers the power and the torque it delivers earlier really stresses the rods.

I'll be sticking rods in it for sure. Sooner rather than later I think.

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
So with a little time on my hands I went about installing as much of my Snow Performance WMI kit as I could this weekend. I did it in chunks so as not to get bored or lose the dexterity in my fingers. Some of the things you have to do are killers.

This kit, whilst very friendly in terms of instructions is not an easy kit to install. On top of what the kit comes with I probably spent at least another $150 on switches, relays, triggers, heat shrink, mounting plates/brackets. It's not simply a case of opening the box and following the instructions. I've no idea what a workshop would charge to install something like this but it wouldn't be cheap.

Here's some photos of the process and a little commentary. If you have any questions post them up and I'll do my best to answer them for you. At this stage we're not finished installing and the car won't be running WMI until we've exhausted every option to try and run an 11 on pump gas.

Here's where it begins. In order to run the cables through the fire wall and under the shifter pretty much everything has to come out. Whilst not a tough job it's a bit of a pain in the ass:

Then you have to make a loom to run from the engine bay to the shifter or wherever you want to have the LED's and the activation switch. The LED's let you know if the bottle is dry (RED) and when it's reached the pre determined boost pressure for activation (GREEN)

Making the loom

Here's where my boost feed for my gauge goes through and the three wires for the WMI gear that's inside the car

The LED's in the factory button location

Trying to make the loom as factory looking as possible. It's the black cable on the RHS of the battery box

That's pretty much where I'm up to. I wired up the relay and ran the cables but until the pump is installed there's not much else I can do. Installing the throttle plate is a bit of a job as well and much easier on a hoist and probably with the front bar off, again.

Stay tuned, should get interesting from here.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Nope. That was straight 98RON pump gas.

Haven't finished installing the WMI yet.

Next week it's getting some more love too...

And

Nice!! so are you going to max out the K04 (Giac extreme tune) with W/M before going BT ?

SydneyGTi1

Ready to race!
Thats the plan. Step 1 is to run an 11 on pump gas with no WMI. Then Step 2 is to try and run sub 11.87 and hold the world record for a little while. I'm sure it won't be too long though cause I know the GIAC guys have some plans for that.

Then BT. GTX2867R-IWG. I know it's not huge but it's a daily driver and I don't want a laggy monster with a DSG.

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Thats the plan. Step 1 is to run an 11 on pump gas with no WMI. Then Step 2 is to try and run sub 11.87 and hold the world record for a little while. I'm sure it won't be too long though cause I know the GIAC guys have some plans for that.

Then BT. GTX2867R-IWG. I know it's not huge but it's a daily driver and I don't want a laggy monster with a DSG.

You are correct that plan is me :)
Check out my build http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70785

And your build is pretty awesome as well. We gatta keep pushing it man, I going after awe 11.8 sec ko4 1/4 mile record and looking to set a new world record also! Let get this :thumbup: