GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ARM Motorsports Mk6 Gti review.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I emailed them and they are sending me the extension, great customer service on their part

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Am I the only one in the universe that has no issues whatsoever removing the top inside nut...?

I just normally go from above the heat shield with a swivel ratchet and no extensions etc...

s-l225.jpg

jon570

Ready to race!
Am I the only one in the universe that has no issues whatsoever removing the top inside nut...?

I just normally go from above the heat shield with a swivel ratchet and no extensions etc...

View attachment 54883

I really had no issue removing it. Was pretty easy to find and get to. But, as long as you get the bolt out, method doesnt matter much. JOVEEN, you dont need any kind of sensor since your CBFA, but, the CEL will come on within a few drives but its just due to the less efficient cat. Hey NOODLE, Just a heads up, the extension they sent me was just a normal piece of exhaust. Ill post a picture here in a minute. In order for mine to even fit i had to cut the pipe and after cutting there was no way i would slide it into a clamp and make it work. My earliest suggestion to ARM was to take their existing adapter they have that slides into the stock catback clamp and just make it 3" longer. No extra clamps, nothing extra needed. But instead they send me a pipe that would require an extra clamp (not provided) and make the system look like shit since the rest is shiny and the piece they gave me was uncoated steel. BUT, I went to a local Exhaust shop. Paid to have someone fix the length issue and would probably still buy the downpipe again if i had to. I did email them friday morning about the issues i had with the extension they sent, but i have not heard back from anyone as of yet.

jon570

Ready to race!

This is how short I am on the exhaust. Do take note. I have the stock catback clamp slid all the way towards the rear of the vehicle. So. If my adapter was just 2-3" longer. It would be absolutely perfect.

Here's the piece they gave me. And where I had to cut it. Excuse the terrible cut. I was at a friends and he only had a huge grinder. And I already had the exhaust off.

You can see what I had to cut off. And why it now won't fit in a clamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
wow...that's too short by like 3-4 inches!

Noodle1

Ready to race!
So today I installed the extension piece Arm sent me. First off the extension was now too long, I had to cut it an inch and 3/4 and put slits in it so it can clamp well. I also had to use my own clamp. Last I still had exhaust leaks after tightening down the all clamps with an impact gun. I used gasket maker to seal everything up and it's good for now. To avoid leaks in the future, The ARM guys should just weld the proper length reducer to the mid pipe. I'm not sure if you guys heard before but when I first installed the downpipe, I had to dremel out a little bit of the gasket they sent me in order for it to seal. For now everything is fine but I don't really know how long that will last. As for the peice they sent me, was I supposed to place it between the mid pipe and the reducer? It's as if they sent me a 3inch to 3inch extension to replace the 3inch to stock reducer. FYI I have the stock catback

jon570

Ready to race!
So today I installed the extension piece Arm sent me. First off the extension was now too long, I had to cut it an inch and 3/4 and put slits in it so it can clamp well. I also had to use my own clamp. Last I still had exhaust leaks after tightening down the all clamps with an impact gun. I used gasket maker to seal everything up and it's good for now. To avoid leaks in the future, The ARM guys should just weld the proper length reducer to the mid pipe. I'm not sure if you guys heard before but when I first installed the downpipe, I had to dremel out a little bit of the gasket they sent me in order for it to seal. For now everything is fine but I don't really know how long that will last. As for the peice they sent me, was I supposed to place it between the mid pipe and the reducer? It's as if they sent me a 3inch to 3inch extension to replace the 3inch to stock reducer. FYI I have the stock catback

Agreed, i used some gasket sealer as well and it seemed to fix about 90% of my leaks at first. It was tolerable. I as well had to almost cut a whole ear off my downpipe gasket to get it to fit.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Hey, thats what we get for getting a $250 downpipe, im pretty happy though. by the way, did you get a check engine light yet? and are you running a spacer, if so, what spacer?

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Hey, thats what we get for getting a $250 downpipe, im pretty happy though. by the way, did you get a check engine light yet? and are you running a spacer, if so, what spacer?

I'm VERY interested in hearing from someone that has been able to prevent a CEL with this downpipe. I'll likely be purchasing it in the near future and will need to prevent a CEL to pass emissions.

For anyone currently testing out spacer configurations, here's some good info.

jon570

Ready to race!

Yea im still ok for the pirce i paid. ill deal with it lol But yes, CEL came one after about 3 drives. No spacer. Will probably get one eventually

jon570

Ready to race!
I'm VERY interested in hearing from someone that has been able to prevent a CEL with this downpipe. I'll likely be purchasing it in the near future and will need to prevent a CEL to pass emissions.

For anyone currently testing out spacer configurations, here's some good info.

If anyones got a spare spacer they wanna throw my way ill be glad to test its effects.