GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 vs F23T

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Yep, the k04 that comes straight from Borg Warner. Now, Porting it, makes the hole bigger in which case it becomes a kHO4
The CTS kit is a true Borgwarner correct?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
The F23T is based on a cheap Chinese replica.

My experience is with APR K04 tune and turbo and on the v3.1 I have pulled on many cars I shouldn't pull on based on advertised numbers. The car is nuts.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
The F23T is based on a cheap Chinese replica.

My experience is with APR K04 tune and turbo and on the v3.1 I have pulled on many cars I shouldn't pull on based on advertised numbers. The car is nuts.
Thanks for the info!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yep, the k04 that comes straight from Borg Warner. Now, Porting it, makes the hole bigger in which case it becomes a kHO4

Just because you stretch out her hole doesn't mean you have the right to call her a ho.

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
I somewhat regret going with an F23. The power is fantastic, but I think I would probably prefer the peace of mind of a K04 with slightly less power over the questionable reliability of the F23. That being said, it could last me the life of the car, or it could blow the next time I go for a good 3rd gear pull. Only go with the F23 if you're willing to work through potential issues that might occur, and be prepared to get a custom tune.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
I somewhat regret going with an F23. The power is fantastic, but I think I would probably prefer the peace of mind of a K04 with slightly less power over the questionable reliability of the F23. That being said, it could last me the life of the car, or it could blow the next time I go for a good 3rd gear pull. Only go with the F23 if you're willing to work through potential issues that might occur, and be prepared to get a custom tune.
Your input is greatly appreciated, I'm protuned already, so custom tuning is no big deal in my book, I prefer it over a OTS tune myself.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Your input is greatly appreciated, I'm protuned already, so custom tuning is no big deal in my book, I prefer it over a OTS tune myself.
Also +1 for being another MD guy lol.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Great.. Feeling not so pumped about my F23T.. ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Great.. Feeling not so pumped about my F23T.. ?

I'm not trying to scare anyone, but i just want to be fully informed before making a purchase my man. Like i said i was 200% dead set on it, but after a few conversations with different people, i wanted to get some 1st hand experience.

With that said, be happy with whatever you got man, different strokes for different folks!

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I'm not trying to scare anyone, but i just want to be fully informed before making a purchase my man. Like i said i was 200% dead set on it, but after a few conversations with different people, i wanted to get some 1st hand experience.

With that said, be happy with whatever you got man, different strokes for different folks!
Oh I'm happy with it.. Just questioning for how long..