GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DSG Tune vs APR intercooler

Which one should I choose?

• Total voters

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Ok, it's official I caught the flu! The mod bug has hit me. I'm going to purchase either one of these two next. I'm debating which one I should go with first. I'm leaning more so towards the DSG tune because I can already tell my clutch is slipping a little bit and I'm hoping the added clutch pressure will help this. This is most noticeable from wot from a dead stop. However an intercooler would also be nice since it is already summer. I'd love to hear your suggestions for anyone that has either or both! Please share any experience you have with either one and which you would choose and why. Thanks guys!

93serprise

Ready to race!
I agree with getting an intercooler first followed by the dsg tune. Are you dead set on getting the APR intercooler ? The Neuspeed fmic is a nice piece that I recommend ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriggenT1

Banned
Your location might be as, if not more important to determine which IC to get. Also, a less expensive IC or even stock with wmi can result in just as good if not better cooling.

FriggenT1

Banned
ARM motorsports makes a pretty good FMIC from what I've seen as well, worth it to take a look at that...good price too.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
DSG tune. No sense in throwing more power at it if you think it's already slipping.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Fix what can be very expensive in the future, if your dsg is slipping all youre doing is adding additional wear. Look at your options, I went with uni and I love it, there's also HPA, and probably other companies depending on where you live.

diputs

Looking at your mods list - you seem fully loaded already

DSG tune if you use drive mode for most of your driving. if you ride manual mode, you wont notice a huge difference.

IC if you plan to stage 2 of k04

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Looking at your mods list - you seem fully loaded already

DSG tune if you use drive mode for most of your driving. if you ride manual mode, you wont notice a huge difference.

IC if you plan to stage 2 of k04

Whoops, this will be for my current car mk7 GTI. I sold my mk6 GTI :(

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
i think it really depends on your preferences here.

If you're in a hot physical location and drive your car hard then an upgraded intercooler could be the better option. If you auto-x or track your car i'd lean toward this option.

If you use Drive-mode often i'd definitely get the DSG tune. I think the way the transmission shifts equates to a better driving experience overall. This would probably be my option if i were in your position since i don't drive it hard for long and i don't really care about the power loss over time on hot days.