GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat 18: What’s For Lunch? Blah Blah Blah Blah

For me a car is more than just can it go fast. Yes, it needs to be powerful. And it needs to stop. And it needs to turn. But it’s how it does these things and how it communicates to me that makes it or breaks it. I want a car that does what I tell it to through my inputs, and transmits what’s going on, not some electrickery that takes my inputs and analyzes them and modifies them to get the best results.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Think this is a lot of carbon buildup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

45k mile “post dieselgate fix” diesel.

Throttle bodies were bad too. I cleaned what I could without pulling the manifold tho I’m sure it needs it too. Maybe a future weekend project when I’m bored. Should run a lot better now.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
45k mile “post dieselgate fix” diesel.

Throttle bodies were bad too. I cleaned what I could without pulling the manifold tho I’m sure it needs it too. Maybe a future weekend project when I’m bored. Should run a lot better now.

Wow. That’s insane. Makes me wonder what my valves look like at 112k miles.

clownish

just clowning around
For me a car is more than just can it go fast. Yes, it needs to be powerful. And it needs to stop. And it needs to turn. But it’s how it does these things and how it communicates to me that makes it or breaks it. I want a car that does what I tell it to through my inputs, and transmits what’s going on, not some electrickery that takes my inputs and analyzes them and modifies them to get the best results.

Hmmmm. I have weird tastes. I’ve also been considering a XF sportbrake as a daily. Which seems ill advised. But kinda fun?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Hmmmm. I have weird tastes. I’ve also been considering a XF sportbrake as a daily. Which seems ill advised. But kinda fun?

My thoughts were more directed towards choosing a sports car where practicality is of little consideration. Obviously, when choosing a daily driving car or if only one car is an option, then compromise is inevitable.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Wow. That’s insane. Makes me wonder what my valves look like at 112k miles.

Probably pretty bad, if you've never had a carbon cleaning done. Note the pics I posted are from a 3.0TDI. The Dieselgate "fix" I think uses a shit-ton more EGR and it just clogs everything up. All the thick shit was around, and past, where the EGR feeds back into the intake.

Thinking about going with a tune, and EGR/DEF delete kit....

5 car dream garage chat. Annnnnd go

A quick stab....
GMC Sierra Denali Dually w/Duramax
911 GT3 Cup for track fun (towed by the above)
Cayenne Turbo S for a daily
Porsche 959S
1991 Mustang LX 5.0 notchback in mint green

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Probably pretty bad, if you've never had a carbon cleaning done. Note the pics I posted are from a 3.0TDI. The Dieselgate "fix" I think uses a shit-ton more EGR and it just clogs everything up. All the thick shit was around, and past, where the EGR feeds back into the intake.

Are you emissions exempt out in Huntucky?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

A quick stab....

GMC Sierra Denali Dually w/Duramax

911 GT3 Cup for track fun (towed by the above)

Cayenne Turbo S for a daily

Porsche 959S

1991 Mustang LX 5.0 notchback in mint green

Haven’t done carbon cleaning. Looking to diy it soon before end of summer. Yeah noticed on TDI not GTI. still nuts. Should do tune with deletes. All the torque!!

Status
Not open for further replies.