GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's my next maintenance?

corz123

Ready to race!
Hey guys. Just completed my 3rd year service. My car is exactly at 20k miles so the mileage is low. What's the new service thing I should be doing? Is it one year from now or when I hit 30k miles?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
do you have a manual? If so i would read it.. it goes over all the service/maintenance work.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I am pretty sure this was never done on my car, is there a guide somewhere about where these things are located?

it's pretty easy, the MAF is located on your intake right next to the battery, the MAP is located on the throttle body pipe right behind the fan, and IAT is located on the throttle body. You may need a security torx bit to remove them.

Fill a plastic baggie with crc maf cleaner, then just slosh the sensor around in the cleaner for a bit. Let the sensor dry fully then re install.

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05110-Mass-Sensor-Cleaner/dp/B000J19XSA

corz123

Ready to race!
What I mean is do I need to do it in a year or 10k miles? Or is it necessary to do it at whichever comes first?

Mr2U

Passed Driver's Ed
i also have a 2012 with low miles, i am saving to do the chain tensioner,
with the oem kits you can buy on line. my water pump was already done @ 12K, under warranty, and is holding fast. i am currently interviewing VW techs, to do the tensioner, in So Cal.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It's 10k or a year. It's all in your manual

He skipped reading the manual.. or he would have known about it... like i first suggested to him.