GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm back! Picked up a R! Some questions

Grannycar

Ready to race!
Hi everyone. Just traded in my 335i for a 2012 r. BMW was nice but was a constantly broken! Now, car has an evom intake, r8 coils and apr rsc catback. Stock down pipe and bolts appear to never been touched on them either. Now I'm prob gonna go with a UM or uni tune still deciding. Now, when is a hpfp needed on them and what are the options? Is there a company that sells internals for them? Clutch grabs great as it is but when is a clutch needed in them? Any recommendations? My sb stage 2 grabbed good in my 10 k04ed gti. Anddddd last I know there were a ton of options for spark plugs on my old tsi.
And are the factory plugs ngk??
Sorry feel like a noob asking these but search left me empty handed here..

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I can't recall plugs... I think they're NGK

HPFP isn't really needed unless you want to go stg+

My stock clutch started slipping at 70k'ish on hard launches, I was Stage 1+.

As far as HPFP I went with APR, never had any hiccups. There are about 4 competitive HPFP, APR, Autotech, HPA and I can't remember who else. Please make sure to upkeep your Cam follower even if your stock.

Enjoy your car, I have to say despite some of the corky stuff I went through my R it can handle mods quite well

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Any Cam Follower symptoms I can
Look for? Or just something I have to visually inspect

Yea very simple, if you know your way around a wrench it shouldn't take you no more than a hour to take off, inspect, replace and install right back into place.

Google fsi Cam follower diy... tons of links will come up.

Last edited:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Sup dude! Your k04 has been running great in my car for the past 5k miles or so.

Also I can recommend the RSR for the clutch. Feels very OEM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Grannycar

Ready to race!
Sup dude! Your k04 has been running great in my car for the past 5k miles or so.

Also I can recommend the RSR for the clutch. Feels very OEM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Heck yea man! Glad everything came together for you! And I will be looking into that clutch kit as I've been hearing all about it as well!