Big Track wheels/tires and setup questions

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
235's ok with 17x7.5 +48 rims??

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Might look a little funny but it'll be okay.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
255 AD08R here on 18x9 Team Dynamics 1.2 with SRS-Tec front fenders and some bodywork on the rear.

What offset?

rawag77

Ready to race!
Good info on setup thank you! As far as tracks yes MSR Cresson is great: technical and in the 1.7mi config you can go off any corner at 100mph and just spin in the grass, no consequences except a dirty interior. The 3.1mi config takes time to learn, just like COTA. Eagles Canyon is more readily accessible (they run their own school) but you have to purposely not go WOT on the big straight away because hitting the big bumps at big speeds hurts drivetrain parts; in addition some of the turns have big bumps and tends to end the life of ball joints, hubs or bushings that aren't 100%. There is a tiny small track called Harris Hill near Kyle: again, very bumpy. With near stock suspension ECR and HH are ok. Once you go stiff springs, not so much. MSR Houston is close to you and is a blast to drive in both directions, no reason to not get out there asap.

Not sure i would call MSR Houston close. hahah that's a 3.5 hour drive. HH is probably an hour, but i'll probably start out on Driveway Austin which is not far. They do instruction and it's pretty reasonable.

mg_90

ET30 front and rear; bodywork is not finished, once ready I´ll post some pics ;)