GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

do i need a tune?

jmlamar

sorry if this has been covered ive tried searching for several hours on this forum and around google but what i need to know is if i install a cold air intake on my 2012 gti will i need to get a tune afterwards?

thanks in advance again sorry if this has been covered

Vroomer

Banned
Nope, you won't throw a code without a tune. But it will just be a noise maker that will lose you some low end.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
you don't need a tune just because you installed intake.

But yes, you do need a tune. Apr sale is now!!

Jet08

Ready to race!
Forget the intake and just buy the tune, there is no real advantage to an intake unless you like noise some of which can be annoying and some nice. Just my 2 cents worth.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Forget the intake and just buy the tune, there is no real advantage to an intake unless you like noise some of which can be annoying and some nice. Just my 2 cents worth.

Eh,
stock tunes CTS intake vs APR intake vs oem intake. CTS intake pulled with half a car on APR and a full car on stock intake until fuel cut.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.

MoNaH_GTI

If you want the 2cents from a guy still at the baby end of modding a TSI, if you have an intake already, it is probably the best bang for your buck to get a tune on your engine to make the most of that intake! I have had my P-flo since I bought the car, but the tune just 24hrs - and I love it! Best few hundred bucks you can drop in your car I say.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
sorry if this has been covered ive tried searching for several hours on this forum and around google but what i need to know is if i install a cold air intake on my 2012 gti will i need to get a tune afterwards?

thanks in advance again sorry if this has been covered

i love when people pretend to have searched before asking a question that they know is probably only like 1 page away

bdegen94

Ready to race!
Well it all depends what Intake you get

APR- your car will burst into flames if you don't get a tune

Unitronic- Your car will start fall apart within a few miles after driving no tune

Mod Shack- your car will flood with no tune

Any other brands- well we don't talk about those guys cause we have not heard back from them yet.... they seem to just have vanished poor souls

trill

Passed Driver's Ed