GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you guys do to ensure your engine is running healthy?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
I start my annual maintenance routing with ritualistic sacrifice. Nothing too crazy mind you, just a baby goat, or a cat, if I'm feeling adventurous.

As I don't have easy access to a volcano, I make do with a pentagram on the floor, and an assload of hobby lobby candles. The looks you get when you ask "are these red candles made with real blood?" are priceless. The instrument used in these sacrifices is baseball bat spiked with the various subframe and suspension bolts I've accumulated in my years. A modern-day, gentelmans weapon if there ever was one.

After that it's straight to praying, for no less than 6 days straight. First for my eternal soul, and then for my damn GTI. This is no anglo saxon god I'm praying to, no sir. This is a 9 foot tall, 3 horned, centaur-demon with an upside down VW symbol branded into his chest hide. Part way through the prayer, I'm speaking in tongues I knew not possible. I spew German Castrol oil out of all my orifices and exhale a years worth of one-tire-fires smoke, all while questioning my sanity.

It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Invest in some MAF cleaner and clean off the MAF, MAP and IAT sensors each 5k mile oil change. Use a fresh OEM filter each oil change, too. I'd get a blackstone labs report on the oil every ~25k miles to make sure the wear on the engine is nominal. The fuel filter is pretty important, do it sooner than every 40k miles.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

DomNhyphy

Passed Driver's Ed
Keep up on scheduled maintenance,
Oil changes every 7k if you drive hard
Weekly "carbon cleaning"
Ensure fluids aren't making it to the ground
Regularly vagcom scan/monitor
Extra "carbon cleaning"

That's about it. The car seems to do well without excessive maintenance.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You guys realize this is 7 months old right?

Dont you dare tell me how to live me life. We are providing a constant feedback of what to do sir. :]

:iono:

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
You guys realize this is 7 months old right?

Shoot, I forgot we don't use engines anymore. I guess i'll just teleport into my room : /

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
A trip to the ol' dynamometer is a good way to find out. If you're down on power, something is up.

If you're down on power on a dyno (in a VW) then something is up...your bonnet :D

All VW owners know to close their bonnets when on a Dyno for "special" reasons.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Invest in some MAF cleaner and clean off the MAF, MAP and IAT sensors each 5k mile oil change. Use a fresh OEM filter each oil change, too. I'd get a blackstone labs report on the oil every ~25k miles to make sure the wear on the engine is nominal. The fuel filter is pretty important, do it sooner than every 40k miles.

This is the first I've heard of that, and I'm at 44-45k right now...thinking I should start looking up some info on that :thumbsup: