GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Challenger Hellcat Official

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Koa...let me put it this way...I own a 1980 Corvette. I say there is no way that this Challenger Hellcat will outcorner my Corvette.

No question it will be faster in the straights though. :D

But I would be surprised and impressed if it DID outcorner the vette. Hows that?

You're 1980 Corvette pulled 0.79g on a skidpad. A current 392 SRT8 Challenger does 0.88g. A Hellcat would not be worse. It will spank your 80 Vette both in the straights (Vette did 1/4 in barely under 16 seconds, Challenger 392 does 12.5) AND the corners.

Just because a car is lower and lighter does not mean it handles better.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
You're 1980 Corvette pulled 0.79g on a skidpad. A current 392 SRT8 Challenger does 0.88g. A Hellcat would not be worse. It will spank your 80 Vette both in the straights (Vette did 1/4 in barely under 16 seconds, Challenger 392 does 12.5) AND the corners.

Very McQueen-esque post.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

Good points NEEKster, but how much of the 'Vette's cornering disadvantage was because of inferior 1980's tires? I'd like to see what it would do on a skidpad on modern fat summers. :)

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Good points NEEKster, but how much of the 'Vette's cornering disadvantage was because of inferior 1980's tires? I'd like to see what it would do on a skidpad on modern fat summers. :)

This. Tires, contact patch and cg are really the only significant contributor to a car's skidpad performance. Once you factor in changing directions, changing cornering attitude and putting power down, all the other factors like suspension geometry, sways, bushings et al. cone into play.

Slalom >> skidpad IMO.

butchered by autocorrecr

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion

BOOM!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Very McQueen-esque post.

Wow. You knew exactly my intent! :clap:

Tires are not making up over a tenth. I see your point, but no tire is that good.

This. Tires, contact patch and cg are really the only significant contributor to a car's skidpad performance. Once you factor in changing directions, changing cornering attitude and putting power down, all the other factors like suspension geometry, sways, bushings et al. cone into play.

Slalom >> skidpad IMO.

butchered by autocorrecr

Challenger 392 still out performs an 80 Corvette in a slalom. It's just new tech vs old tech is all. No big deal.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
but how much of the 'Vette's cornering disadvantage was because of inferior 1980's tires? I'd like to see what it would do on a skidpad on modern fat summers. :)

WAP, you are discounting the raised white letters on the 80's tires. Raised white letters vs. modern compounds? Total wash, brah.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
WAP, you are discounting the raised white letters on the 80's tires. Raised white letters vs. modern compounds? Total wash, brah.

:laugh: Good point is good.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The fuel system keeps pace with an in-tank pump that accommodates variable pressures, half-inch fuel lines and eight high-flow injectors that can drain the car’s 18.5-gallon fuel tank in just 13 minutes when the engine is running at full power.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
Did anyone catch the possible nod to the B5 S4 nogaro blue color?

[/URL]

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for bringing this up haha. I just noticed it. :D

Could be a hint..