GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spent a lot of time in a 2013 Honda Civic Lx

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I have driven a 2011 model for over 2k miles... it was interesting to see a 2013 model.
There were quite a few improvements over the 2011 model.
Rear View cam is really handy and standard
the additional screen is great
the dash is much more upscale looking.
the car seems quieter.

Now here are some other general observations.

Here is what I didn't like.
1. This car doesn't have an engine... jesus it is ANEMIC. You have to really wring it out in order to get any kind of acceleration and the TDI feels effortless in comparison when it comes to accelerating.
2. The seating position is weird with regards to the steering wheel it felt like it was in between my knees ?!

Here is what I liked:
1. Mpg is decent. I averaged around 29 vs 35 in my TDI on a similar cycle.
2. Handling was decent
3. Car was quieter and absorbed bumps better than my TDI. But this may be due to smaller wheels.
4. Brakes felt more progressive than my TDI brakes (thanks to the DSGAY).
5. Transmission although with only 5 gears, felt fine and shifted well.

Overall great car for someone who doesn't need an engine or just wants an econobox to roll around cheaply

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
When I read the thread title, first thing I thought was "I'm sorry".

Better than a Corolla but not as good as the Mazda3.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'd be curious to drive the new corolla... my dads car won't last forever and the corolla is on top of the replacement list.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I'd be curious to drive the new corolla... my dads car won't last forever and the corolla is on top of the replacement list.

You're curious to drive a car with 132hp, a 4 speed atx with the CVT as an upgrade? Why would you do that to yourself :p

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You're curious to drive a car with 132hp, a 4 speed atx with the CVT as an upgrade? Why would you do that to yourself :p

Not me... my dad... but Its interesting to compare the chassis after all the SI is a competitor to the GTI. And the 2010 model pales to the 2013, the gap really narrowed although the 2015+ GTI is now ahead again...

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
I owned a new 2011 civic lx for 10k before the gti.

A few things about the 11 civic vs 11 gti;

*Gas milage was awful considering the "36mpg" window sticker, 24mpg average (no real improvement in hy) in comp with the gti at 28 city/hy 33 straight hy

*Civic engine was smooth but gutless, surprisingly the civic had a higher achievable top speed (on a closed track of course) than the gti stock 125 vs 122 (pointless i know) dat vtec just kicked in yo.

*oil changes cost $23 at honda. Gti was around $50 diy.

*almost crashed the civic in the rain coming down hy 35 with a real "oh shit" moment, vs never felling like i could not comfortably recover with the gti.

*price paid, civic $15,200 new vs gti $21,500

*cost of maintenance and mods, civic sub $400, gti north of $6000.

*Own another civic? No. Gti, Yes.

*chicks dig it? Civic: no , Gti: no.

max gets a hard on when he drives eco boxes.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: at gif and statement

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
like my mind is literally blown from all the great informative information in the op. oh my god

simpleminded

Ready to race!
I owned a 2012 Civic SI (which is pretty much the same car) for about 2 years before my GTI,

the additional screen is great
It would be if it showed anything relevant

the dash is much more upscale looking.
This is one of those things they changed on the '13 from the '12. Seemed kinda busy to me

Here is what I didn't like.

1. This car doesn't have an engine... jesus it is ANEMIC. You have to really wring it out in order to get any kind of acceleration and the TDI feels effortless in comparison when it comes to accelerating.
If it's not an Si, then it's an economy car. They're slow. Diesel engines have torque.

Here is what I liked:

1. Mpg is decent. I averaged around 29 vs 35 in my TDI on a similar cycle.
Holy hell, I averaged 32 in my SI, you must've been ringin it out the whole time. ]