GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf R updated on US website

Artysta

Ready to race!
I dissagree with you, the S3 is faster. All the car magazines seem to agree with me as well.

The S3 will most likely when it hits the US and a US full comparo is done, I will not be surprised to find the S3 will out accelerate, and out handle the R.

Again not going into the whole Sedan vs Hatchback debate, that is up to the individual needs. From a pure performance perspective though, the S3 out of the box is the quicker car. Is it work more $$$? I think it is. Why? Because I know what it costs to gain a tenth here and a second there. Granted these wont matter on the street, but if I buy one of these 2 cars? They will NOT be all street miles haha.

Jeff

They're both rated at 4.9 0-60, and all the review's I've read and seen on youtube seem to favour the R when it comes to handling and overall package.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I dissagree with you, the S3 is faster. All the car magazines seem to agree with me as well.

The S3 will most likely when it hits the US and a US full comparo is done, I will not be surprised to find the S3 will out accelerate, and out handle the R.

Again not going into the whole Sedan vs Hatchback debate, that is up to the individual needs. From a pure performance perspective though, the S3 out of the box is the quicker car. Is it work more $$$? I think it is. Why? Because I know what it costs to gain a tenth here and a second there. Granted these wont matter on the street, but if I buy one of these 2 cars? They will NOT be all street miles haha.

Jeff

Ummm the S3 actually should be slower than the new R. It's heavier with the same power plant. There just hasn't been as much testing as there has been with the S3. So just wait.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Here.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
This video says it all. The new R will be the "Hot Hatch" to beat hands down.

At present it's the only particularly high performance hatch slated to exist on the market.

WRX/STI - no hatch
S3/RS3 - no hatch in murica
Evo - no hatch in murica and going out of production
Focus RS - not in murica
A45 AMG - not in murica
Speed3 - out of production
Civic Type R - not in murica

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I pray we get the euro optional Recaro seats! Someone can dream...:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, no way...

We can always pay a ridiculous amount and put them in, though... :laugh:

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
At present it's the only particularly high performance hatch slated to exist on the market.

WRX/STI - no hatch
Focus RS - not in murica
A45 AMG - not in murica

This is a good point.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

WRX/STI - no hatch
Focus RS - not in murica
A45 AMG - not in murica

WRX hatch on the way.. possibly STI as well.

RS3 may come as a hatch here. S3, agreed. A3 diesel/hybrid will be a hatch, btw.

Evo- gone

Focus RS, may be coming by 2015

A45 - is the A45 line itself even available here?

Speed3 - that's because the model ended? lol... new one should be coming

Type R - Granules indicated it may be coming.

Troy Full of Doom & Gloom

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A3 hatch confirmed

WRX hatch testing on the ;ring... confirmed.

RS3 - in print, says very possible.

speed3 - all indications are yes. the new 3 just came out a while ago :iono:

Focus RS - in print, strong possibility.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
WRX/Sti hatch has me pretty interested... It will finally no longer look like a corolla.