GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR released MK7 Golf ECU upgrade. Is it better than our car?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
So just digging around the internet, found out APR just released stage 1 and 2 for the MK7 golf 1.8T. those number are pretty close to our stage 1/2. I am guessing they will be able to keep up, but I thought those Golf uses tiptronic? Wonder how the gearbox will hold up...

Maybe someone should open another MK7 golf stage 1 vs MK6 stage 1 thread? :lol::lol:

Let the picture speak for itself.
Dicuss.

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_18tsi_gen3_mqb.html

MK6 GTI with stage 1/ 93 oct

MK6 with TBE + stage 2

Last edited:

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
pretty similar power, but looking at the graphs, our 1stgen EA888 2.0T still has better power band...so MK6 GTi will still probably pull in the upper end...but probably not by much...good for the new Mk7 golf owners.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
The Golf's aren't cheap! If you want a decent optioned Golf, it gets up to $27k quick.

Golf SE + Lighting package = $27k

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
The Golf's aren't cheap! If you want a decent optioned Golf, it gets up to $27k quick.

Golf SE + Lighting package = $27k
You're right, but then again this time around Golf is much (or looks) more higher quality than the MK6. They also get lots of stuff standard too wheres MK6 Golf got nearly nothing... not even Nav or even xenon headlights (unless TDI).

The 1.8t sport looks pretty good but a bit too expensive.

Damn... I want those 18" Durban..or 18" Bristol from Passat...

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Damn. I'm happy for the 1.8T guys, that's some impressive headroom in that motor.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Damn. I'm happy for the 1.8T guys, that's some impressive headroom in that motor.
Yeah, apparently there is two 1.8T in the US. Jetta/Passat and Golfs.
I do remember that earlier this year APR released a stage 1 upgrade for Jetta/Passats. Although the numbers are still impressive, they are not close to the new Golfs upgrade. I think the turbo are different between the two 1.8T?

Here is the Jetta 1.8t stage 1 w/93 oct

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Lol I wish I didn't see this. Ignorance is bliss.

Cyrok

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes makes me want to tune my mk6 asap. My ego will take a sure hit when a tuned mk7 golf pulls away from me with ease ...
[emoji25]

Vroomer

Banned
Those numbers look about the same as our stage 1, considering they weigh less, manual golf's may actually beat on mk6 stg1 gtis under 80mph? Definitely didn't expect that.

TomCat1

Ready to race!
Gonna throw in that 1.8t motor in my golf mk6 haha. That'd be epic.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
We thought the same thing with the MK7 GTI and its "near K04" numbers. How many blown turbos for that feat? With the MK6 GTI you get a lot more than just a slightly better power band. You also get predictability, a motor that can handle the extra strain from the higher boost, better brakes, dampeners, subframe, grip, better transmission and a moderately better return on investment from resale value.

Its great for people stepping into a 1.8T from whatever else.

But definitely not an upgrade over the EA888.

zrickety

The Fixer
I agree, the mk7 are cool but they have flaws. I'll be interested to see how reliably plays out.