GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you think looks better on the MK7?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I dont see any of that.

The MK7 is clearly more of a MK6.5 if anything.

Not exactly a full evolution. And it's already been stated a stage 1 MK6 is faster than a stock MK7 so why waste more money on almost the same car?
Clearly? Sigh.

Btw, what's stopping a mk7 from going stage 1? Then it will squash your mk6 stage 1. In which case, does this still make your mk6 superior? You're not even comparing apples to apples. I don't know what point you're trying to prove.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I dont see any of that.

The MK7 is clearly more of a MK6.5 if anything.

Not exactly a full evolution. And it's already been stated a stage 1 MK6 is faster than a stock MK7 so why waste more money on almost the same car?

Then you need to see it in person, and spend some time around it.
For one thing, the 7 is a completely new body from the 6.
The 6 was not a new body from the 5.
The differences are particularly apparent to me, because my 7 sits in the garage where my 6 sat for years.
So the MK6 is imprinted on my mind when I enter the garage.
Therefore, I'm struck by how much lower the MK7 is.
The hood, fenders, doors, rear hatch, even roof are far more sculpted and contoured than those on my MK6 were. Whereas most of those panels were relatively flat on my MK6.
Again, it's not something that shows up well in pics.
In pictures, the increased angularity of the MK7 render it more upright and boxy looking, but that is not the case in the flesh.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Clearly? Sigh.

Btw, what's stopping a mk7 from going stage 1? Then it will squash your mk6 stage 1. In which case, does this still make your mk6 superior? You're not even comparing apples to apples. I don't know what point you're trying to prove.

Dis

czirrfb

Banned
You have to factor in cost. You can get a used MK6 and go K04 for less than the cost of a MK7 stock.

And how is it a new engine? It's still a 2.0t TSI.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
You have to factor in cost. You can get a used MK6 and go K04 for less than the cost of a MK7 stock.

Why do you keep comparing performance? You made a thread about the looks of the mk7 and you keep harping on the cost for better performance.

Here's a quote that helped become the man I am today:
Or buy a 1999 camaro z28 for 5k same power to weight same useless point

If you want power, buy a car that has power.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion

So just because it still has a 2.0t TSI, then it makes it the same? It's a 2.0t that is different, thus making 210 hp and 258 lb.ft torque. Add performance pack and you're at 220 hp. A used MK6 cost less than a new MK7. But again, you're not comparing apples to apples. You're paying less for a used MK6 because it's USED. When MK6 was new, the price is comparable to a new MK7. WTF is wrong with you?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

Last I checked, a Mk6 KO4 is still slower than a Mk7 Stage 1. :)

ROCKE

Passed Driver's Ed
IMO I want a mk6 exterior with everything else be from the mk7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion