GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unibrace XB - MK6 Panel Removal DIY and Advice

fearsomekittens

Thanks for the heads up - for the kind of money these are costing and all the trouble they seem to give on install...and later corrections to bring you to only "95%", I'm gonna pass.

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the heads up - for the kind of money these are costing and all the trouble they seem to give on install...and later corrections to bring you to only "95%", I'm gonna pass.

only reason it's 95% perfect is b/c of the extra nutserts that were already there. he doesn't want to drill out the old nutsert and have it rattling around so yea, fitment isn't going to be 100%.

as long as you measure twice or maybe even thrice, then you should have 100% fitment.

Gauge85

Ready to race!
as long as you measure twice or maybe even thrice, then you should have 100% fitment.

This exactly. Poster was trying to make everyone aware of his problems with the install so they weren't repeated by others. With this thread, some patience, and some good drill bits you shouldn't have a problem. I personally found that installing one nutsert and then mounting the brace to mark the remaining holes worked quite well.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
I want to say thankyou for putting this guide together. It really helped with my install this weekend. I got one of my nutserts a little off center causing it not to lineup with the XB hole. A quick fix to this is to widen the hole on the XB a little bit. I used a step drill bit . The thing fits perfectly and does not move at all.

Now I just really need to test it in the backroads, but one thing I do notices is my car is a little bit quieter.

Hi guys
I need help for a panel removal.
As anyone remove the passenger side panel with airbag sign just above the last panel shown by TurleJames - the one with the 12V plug + trunk light?
Not sure if I can do it without having the airbag blowing up at me.
Thank you all.
Very nice DIY btw.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
I simply cut a small X where I had to drill and folded the material back. It worked pretty well. Measure twice for sure.