GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I'm still trying to get my stratified tune straight. Got a ihi with a upgraded wga and p&p, hoping to crack 300 whp but it's a long shot.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I'm still trying to get my stratified tune straight. Got a ihi with a upgraded wga and p&p, hoping to crack 300 whp but it's a long shot.
Yea, its not so much boost holding issue. Its a flow issue. Just cant move enough air for that hp

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Yea, its not so much boost holding issue. Its a flow issue. Just cant move enough air for that hp

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree, I had bought a upgraded wheel but it was too large to fit the housing. I decided it wasn't worth it to get another wheel. Might try later on, but I'll more than likely get a EFR turbo kit. I might break 300whp on e30, but the real gain with ethanol is torque.

bbqchipsfan

Pulled the trigger on the Stratified Tune this weekend. My APR Tune has adapted so poorly over time and it was driving me insane. The rev bouncing on initial take off, rough shifts, and extremely sensitive throttle have made the car unbearable and almost dangerous to drive. Reading a lot of the previous posts about people switching from APR to Stratified, I can’t wait to leave these problems in the past and start loving driving again. I think Stratified will be back in from the holidays tomorrow, so hopefully I’ll have my Tune by this weekend - will update then!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Pulled the trigger on the Stratified Tune this weekend. My APR Tune has adapted so poorly over time and it was driving me insane. The rev bouncing on initial take off, rough shifts, and extremely sensitive throttle have made the car unbearable and almost dangerous to drive. Reading a lot of the previous posts about people switching from APR to Stratified, I can’t wait to leave these problems in the past and start loving driving again. I think Stratified will be back in from the holidays tomorrow, so hopefully I’ll have my Tune by this weekend - will update then!

Same exact issues I had with my APR tune. Stratified is smoooooth. :cool:

ksandman

Ready to race!
Got my Stratified flash tune today and the car drives better in every way now. It’s like I’m driving a new car. The dsg shifting even feels improved. I knew the Cobb tune was “weak” so to say, but I didn’t think it was that weak. My car actually feels quick now. Before it was super “meh.” This tiny k03 may turn out to be really fun now. Power is very smooth and linear but strong and consistent throughout the rev range. It doesn’t seem like it runs out of breath up top anymore even though I’m sure it does. Thanks Stratified! Very pleased so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
pretty spont on review ksandman... i thought the exact same thing in relations to going from Cobb OTS stage 2 to getting my stratified tune... the cobb one has burst of speed every now and again but felt "meh" overall, while the first drive with stratified was complete bliss and showed me what i had been missing not getting tuned earlier.

I used to think my car wasn't that quick... but now sometimes i get on it with someone on the road and am quite surprised out how well i fare against some of these cars.

CHerna

Ready to race!
I used to think my car wasn't that quick... but now sometimes i get on it with someone on the road and am quite surprised out how well i fare against some of these cars.

Same. I pulled on a cornfed big/hybrid turbo Caliber SRT4, to my surprise. I can't ever get any FoST or FiST to race me though :(

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Sorry if this question has been asked before but i can't read through 100 pages.

I'm getting really tired of APR stage 2 v2.4 tune, i just don't enjoy driving the car anymore. So im strongly considering switched to Cobb and going with with Stratified. Will i be able to flash back to factory with the AP? Or will i have to go to a APR dealer and have them remove the tune? How does it work?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry if this question has been asked before but i can't read through 100 pages.

I'm getting really tired of APR stage 2 v2.4 tune, i just don't enjoy driving the car anymore. So im strongly considering switched to Cobb and going with with Stratified. Will i be able to flash back to factory with the AP? Or will i have to go to a APR dealer and have them remove the tune? How does it work?

You can flash back to a stock like file, or unmarry the AP from the car, which as far as I know would leave it in stock condition.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

I believe there is a stock file that comes with the AP, but it's probably an aftermarket file that was built by cobb to drive like the stock tune.

All I did was overwrite the APR tune with the cobb AP and then flashed the stratified tune. You shouldn't have to go back to stock. Just marry the cobb ap to your ecu and you should be good.

Also like Grocery mentioned, when you unmarry the cobb ap it'll return it to it's last known stock configuration.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
I've had to re-flash APR from stock as i really can't be dealing with stock power...still waiting on Cobb on that AP update to install onto my car... Black friday sales to now...still nothing!

Wanting to jump on the stratified train!